Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Twitter, can you sell it to me?!

thumperrabbit

Actually sometimes I have a bit of a sneak around at what you're doing - follow for a sneaky peak. That's another good thing about Twitter though. There's a list somewhere of the people you've followed in the past (can't think where to find it at the moment) but you can follow for a look and then un-follow :ph34r: .

I'm sometimes a bit embarrassed when people follow me back. I wonder if they're thinking I might infer some wisdom or just being polite?

Someone once told me that Facebook vs Twitter depended on how neurotic you are. I'm a Facebook lass me. I like a 'like' button.

Are you mad, Honey? Don't you think if I had any kind of life I'd spend less time on twitter (and on here) and more time out and about doing stuff? :huh:

Just goest to show though, I have no idea how many followers I have, and so I don't notice if someone unfollows me. I have a friend who uses an app to keep a track of his weekly statistics. Now that is sad! :ph34r:

If you use tweetdeck you don't even have to follow them, Honey. You can just do a search for their username, add a column and all their tweets get sent to you without them even knowing you're looking.

Not that I would ever do that kind of thing. Obviously.

• Like 2

Oh Honey, I follow Maz's tweets to remind myself there is life going on at all hours of the day and night in all sorts of places. Without Maz's travels I'd think the world was flat!

She'scurrently listening to music, probably very good, random and 'hip' stuff. I haven't the nerve to tell her I haven't listened to anything since her blog!

• Like 1

She'scurrently listening to music, probably very good, random and 'hip' stuff. I haven't the nerve to tell her I haven't listened to anything since her blog!

You are properly hilarious! Did you just see my tweet about what I'm listening to? Hardly think that is hip. Except, in Roger Whittaker's case, for 'hip replacement'!

And the readership for your part of my blog is still holding up! :1b

Come to us finleysmaid, come to us. We'll look after you. We'll protect you. We'll share our lives with you. Til you surely can't take any more sharing... mwah, ha ha!

Come to us finleysmaid, come to us. We'll look after you. We'll protect you. We'll share our lives with you. Til you surely can't take any more sharing... mwah, ha ha!

That is weirdly ringing a bell. Not sure I want it too though, makes me think of village of the damned :/

Originally, I think it's my real name. Yep, just checked - real name. Can't tell you how exciting that makes me feel.

Well that doesn't help me very much, does it? Unless your name is Stephen Fry, I doubt I can use this information to find you. :P

:blink: I've done it :o I've taken the plunge......scary for me - especially when I found that I have a 'follower' this morning :o not sure I want one really :blink:

oh NO beginning to feel the pull of the dark side.........resist....resist.....re.......... :ph34r::ph34r:

Thumperrabbit have you taken the pluge yet???

No I've not got there yet !!!

I tend not to use my Twitter for any personal stuff, just really any online articles I find interesting or to spread the word about some good cause or other. Anyone that wants to hook up with me is more than welcome to but you won't find any skeletons :P

• Like 2

Oh my goodness - this tweeting lark is soooooo time consuming! :blink: xD

I really, really did not need any other excuses for blatant time wasting :o

I am meant to be making up my new register for September - but I'm getting distracted by the wonderful world of 'Twitter' xD

BTW - I'm back down to just two followers now - Maz and Rea - I 'blocked' the guy that I didn't know ........I'm quite sure he doesn't want to take part in/read anything I might have to say xD

Right - back to the register.......well in a minute or two! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've just got in from work so I've been very quiet today. But I've just retweeted my friend's blog who has just been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, told Honey she's not dull, and conversed with a friend who had gone out umbrella-less, coat-less but thankfully not trouser-less in the rain.

So finleysmaid and thumperrabbit, this is what you've missed today. What are you waiting for?

I tend not to use my Twitter for any personal stuff, just really any online articles I find interesting or to spread the word about some good cause or other. Anyone that wants to hook up with me is more than welcome to but you won't find any skeletons :P

Did I just add you to my very select band of followers? Actually I don't think 3 could be considered a 'band' really! :blink: xD

Need to know if it's you - otherwise whoever she is she's headed for the 'chop'! :rolleyes:

Did I just add you to my very select band of followers? Actually I don't think 3 could be considered a 'band' really! :blink: xD

Need to know if it's you - otherwise whoever she is she's headed for the 'chop'! :rolleyes:

I'm now following someone with 3 followers. The other 2 followers are Maz and Rea so I'm guessing that is you!

• Like 1

If there's 3 followers and you that's a quartet and they are very select - get hired for weddings and everything! ;)

• Like 3

ok have set up an account...then got scared and ran away!

However.....got big kudos from 17 year old daughter when i casually dropped into the conversation that i had a witter account and had 2 followers!!! :DxDxD :lol:

sorry just realised that says witter...not twitter! maybe the first one was right though?????!!!!!!!! :blink: xD

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Like 2

ok have set up an account...then got scared and ran away!

However.....got big kudos from 17 year old daughter when i casually dropped into the conversation that i had a witter account and had 2 followers!!! :DxDxD :lol:

sorry just realised that says witter...not twitter! maybe the first one was right though?????!!!!!!!! :blink: xD

Can't believe you succumbed!!!