Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

CRB's is there a cheaper provider?

Guest Spiral

I was under the impression volunteers had to be done through Capita only! Ofsted, DfE and Capita are currently trying to agree the meaning of 'volunteer' for trustees because they haven't got volunteer status at present, so do check before you do anything :)

oh flip.... why on earth could the powers that be have not just designed a step by step and clear information leaflet setting out who has to do what BEFORE telling us it's all changed :( my volunteer is a friends daughter who just wants to get some experience ..........

• Like 1

oh flip.... why on earth could the powers that be have not just designed a step by step and clear information leaflet setting out who has to do what BEFORE telling us it's all changed :( my

Hmmm - because that would show 'common sense', 'organised thinking', 'consideration'........ :ph34r:xDxDxD :rolleyes:

I was under the impression volunteers had to be done through Capita only! Ofsted, DfE and Capita are currently trying to agree the meaning of 'volunteer' for trustees because they haven't got volunteer status at present, so do check before you do anything :)

why? if they form part of the committee then this would be true but not for a volunteer doing work experience

From all I have read I too understood it to be same as before . staff , volunteers etc done via a provider of your choice , but it may now incur a admin fee..as well as the fee to register with DBS if they wish to...only reason to do so would be if someone wanted an annual check of all ..

( to be honest unless changing job regularly not worth it.. nor would I pay as a volunteer...but expect each setting to do one... as a volunteer why should I pay for something when I have no income to cover the costs...the place I am working should cover the costs.. I do volunteer and all I have worked with do cover out of pocket expenses, mileage allowance , parking fees etc.. saying I should not have any cost for helping them, they will pay all the costs for me, I must not be out of pocket for my time)

Those that have to be done via Capita being the ones you would usually have Ofsted do... so Committee , Trustees, etc come under this but they cannot decide what a volunteer is... so in discussion... (still think someone made huge profits from not having volunteer committees free for we have no idea how long!)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)