Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted have been

Guest lillybeth

Guest lillybeth

I have spoken about the fact myself the manager and two deputy managers are being made redundant at the end of term. This has been an extremely painful experience. The head wants to restructure the management at nursery (she wants to run it) and she wants one of the teachers in school to take over the day to day running of the nursery. As it is an academy we also think it is a financial decision.

Well I cant say what we got in the inspection but........we are very pleased and can walk away with our heads held up high. the inspector was fantastic very approachable and lots of parents wanted to speak to her she listened, advised and noted all of the good things that they said. She was sympathetic to the nursery staff and after the initial shock of her turning up it was a very positive experience.

Congratulations on your Ofsted, lillybeth. It is very sad that you are being made redundant (is that legal?) but guiding your setting through a positive inspection so recently will make you and your deputies very marketable, I'm sure.

Sending lots of good luck wishes in your search for a new job.

Guest lillybeth

You are so right Sox about four weeks ago I was asked if I knew anyone who wanted to be a manager of a setting which is going from child minder to childcare on domestic premises and myself and two other staff are going there. It is still so hard because I feel that there has been a real injustice I think I will feel better when I can discuss the outcome of the inspection and when I can speak to the governing body. It was hilarious though when the Ofsted inspector fed back the Head looked as if she was sucking on a lemon and looked so mad!!!!!! she had really lost her justification for getting rid of us xx

Guest Biker

Congratulations Lillybeth on your OFSTED result! I am so sorry to read that you are being made redundant. You can feel very proud as you move on to your new challenge. Wishing you all the best for the future!

Biker