Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Frequency of Ofsted Inspections

Hi all

quick query is it now three or four years between inspections?

I only ask as we had the inspection from hell in Feb 2010, despite complaining about our treatment and told we had a reason to be we were so disappointed with our grade which we have been stuck with all this time. Everyone around us, primary schools, secondary schools, other nurseries and childminders have all been done but we are still waiting. Getting bored of waiting now just want it over and done with, good or bad!!! :ph34r:

My understanding is that with the dawning of the revised EYFS we all entered a whole new round of inspections - so really could be at any time - in addition I think/believe that those provisions judged as 'satisfactory' will be inspected first - but hey - I might have imagined all of that! :blink: xD

• Like 2

I'm happy with not being inspected but not happy with something that is outdated

being available to prospective parents online, as they may judge us from that.

This is how we feel Wildflowers! they have been everywhere near us so I did wonder if they may blitz areas at a time but still waiting!!! wonder if they would come if I phoned them and asked? :D my staff would have a fit :ph34r::P

Inspections take place once in every 4 year cycle - we are currently in the sep 2012 to aug 2016 cycle. This means that you could be inspected in sep 2012 and not again until august 2020.

However a complaint or safeguarding issue would trigger an inspection - so none of the above means anything!!!

My understanding is that with the dawning of the revised EYFS we all entered a whole new round of inspections - so really could be at any time - in addition I think/believe that those provisions judged as 'satisfactory' will be inspected first - but hey - I might have imagined all of that! :blink: xD

They are targeting satisfactory settings. All the ones I have been involved with recently were previously satisfactory outcomes. However that doesn't mean that other settings with higher gradings won't be done!

cx

• Like 2