Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visit from the dentist

Hi All,

I have recently opened a nursery and would like to arrange a visit from the dentist as part of national smile month, was wandering if anybody has done this before not really sure where to start or even if a dentist would be willing to come out. Any advice would be great.

Thanks In Advance

Claire

Haven't had a dentist, but one of our previous mummies was a dental hygienist. We also had a visit from our local dental nurse, she teaches children to brush their teeth properly, through playing with puppets, using dental masks in role play etc. We invited parents in too it was fab.:)

Like Fredbear we have a dental hygienist visit - she pitches at just the right level for our age group - brings along a crocodile puppet + bags with various fruits etc. :1b

Just thinking about charges at the dentists :blink: wonder if you would find one that was 'affordable' for a visit?

We had a Dentist visit, It was a bit nerve racking to be honest.......... she brought a new set of false teeth with her - and passed them around for the children to look at, touch feel ect.......... then calmly said-

'we do need to be very very careful with them though- the lady is coming to me to collect them later today so with mustn't break them'!

x

• Like 1

We had someone from the health authority. It was her job to go round pre-schools, schools etc to educate children about dental hygiene. I have to say she was absolutely rubbish. We even had her back the next year as I thought she might have been having an 'off' day. But no better...

I might ask my dentist this year. His daughter is in our baby room, so it would be hard for him to say no! :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)