Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chargeable activities?

We have Musical bumps visit us. we have found it to be benificial to all the children and an excellent way to promote early speech and language.

Its been a valuable support with our children with additional needs and because we as staff also learn the songs/rhymes its means we are 'trained' up as we go each week so can follow through and sing the songs with the children who arent at the lesson during the rest of the week. Our confidence as staff has increased too at circle time as we have built up a wide repetoire of wonderful music!!

We have basic puppets that we have bought over the year which again are a fabulous help with those children who need a little extra support.

The parents of the children at the session are asked for the voluntary contribution but all have paid as they can see the benefits.

We have Jo jingles (lady who sings with puppets) kids love her, we also have a roaming farm.

We do charge a 'voluntary' contribution when people come in to do an activity that we pay for as our code of practice states we can charge. "charges for additional services must relate to an additional outside cost that the provision incurs to put on the activity such as booking an external sports provider"

Depending on our funds we sometimes make a small charge for outside agencies to come in too. Playgroup1, I'm sure you can charge for things which would be outside your normal activities regardless of the 15 hours entitlement and you can always ask for donations.

Zoolab

We tried them , a while ago now and they did not cover our area.. so went to the local zoo and they came out to us with some creepy crawlies.. and. were very good.. , so also check places locally. ( Was a lot cheaper than Zoolab too)

Our parents are saying they would be willing to pay for extra activities for things like music, dance etc.

Do any of you have any ideas for people we could get in?????

I was told some while ago now, so maybe no longer acceptable that whoever you choose to come in will obviously charge you a fee, you can charge your parents anything you like - so you could make a profit! If your visitor is charging x for the morning you can charge your parents more per head. I hasten to add that I never have done it. I try hard to do these things without parents incurring yet more fees. We have had Zoolab in the past, but to be honest I found them expensive, although they were professional when they arrived, (they were late) and the children did like it, just thought it expensive for what it was.

I do know that if you have a Pets at Home near you, your pre-school can go and visit them, they encourage it, I asked if they would come out to our pre-school and initially they said yes, but later retracted but didn't give a clear reason, I assume it was cost we would find the logistics for us too tricky to take the children to them.

Extra curricula stuff in my area tends to be music, French, dancing, p.e. etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)