Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Top 10 Books for Early Years

Hi all

I am just putting together a leaflet for parents ready for our reading workshop next week. I would like to include a list of 'Top 10 must reads' for our Nursery children; books with repetitive phrases sort of thing.

Anyone got any 'Top 10' books that they would include?

I was thinking of

The Gruffalo

We're Going on a Bear Hunt

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Room on the Broom

The Three Little Pigs

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Handa's Surprise

Any more great ideas would be appreciated.

The Giants Loo Roll by Nicholas Allen

also check out the world book day website - their latest newsletter has recommendations and also ask your local library for letters regarding joining the library

I have just made a book diary folder for each of our older children off to school September - it is to help both parents and children get in the routine of reading and getting children involved in stories and reading here it is

Ooh yes so many that I have forgotten - Peace at Last is a definite due to the repetitive phrases. The Nick Sharratt books too - it has reminded me of the 'Once Upon a Time' one where the child chooses elements to make up a different story every time. Will look up Ketchup on cornflakes

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate your input and replies :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)