Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 year check & other reports - where to store?

When you've completed your children's 2 yr check and parents have read, signed and been given a copy of it - Where do you keep the original??

I have been putting into the Child's Learning journey folder which will eventually go to the child's next setting when they leave and then the schools hand over to parents when they are done with them.

BUT

In light of the posts reference Ofsted Inspectors wanting to see everything, I'm now wondering if they should be kept with the child's registration documents which never leave the setting, even when the child does? but then equally don't really want to as storage is a real problem.

Also, if a child has other agencies involved when they come in and observe they leave us with a report plus one for parents, where do you store those? we have been putting with the child's registration forms (which never leave setting) but on training a couple of weeks ago we were told to put into the child's learning journey as it forms part of their individual learning, which from a storage point of view would be great for us, but then I'm now wondering about the whole confidentiality issue of when the folders leave us.

What do you do?

I keep 2 year checks in the learning journeys but I have a master file in which I keep registration forms and reports from other agencies, however any actions resulting from these reports such as IEP's are stored in the child files along with a 'timeline' sheet (one page) on which I note when reports have been received or meetings have taken place etc. As we only receive copies of all reports, I don't keep them after the child has left but do suggest that parents pass any relevant info onto the next setting

Hi thumper - I have files, files and more files :blink: xD

Not sure that this is the 'right' answer/solution........so two year check - one copy to parents, one in child's LJ folder and one in my 'Progress matters' file - this contains copies of all such assessments, tracking sheets and individual planning docs.......

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 2

Have also been adding the setting copy to their LJ's .....but now wondering whether they should go with their reg forms which stay with us......once again shouldn't someone have told us what we SHOULD do with them....or maybe they have and I just haven't seen it :/

Have also been adding the setting copy to their LJ's .....but now wondering whether they should go with their reg forms which stay with us......once again shouldn't someone have told us what we SHOULD do with them....or maybe they have and I just haven't seen it :/

The only thing we were told were to give a copy to parents and do NOT send to Health Visitors - but what we are meant to do I'm not sure!

I'm just fed up of storing and documenting absolutely everything, for an inspector that may/may not want to look at information that by the time they visit, could be years old :ph34r:

• Like 1

We give parents a copy

We keep a copy.

Been thinking about this and have decided the parent already have a copy- so we are not going to photo-copy yet another for in there.

I shall keep for 3 yrs (same a funding forms) and then destroy. ( Well I recon in three years time, someone MAY come up with correct proceedure :D )

I'm feed up with paperwork collections!

x

Our county ones we use have 3 copies, one for parent, one for HV and one for setting, HV,s said they were hoping to get our checks before they do theirs ...but that isn't going to happen due to times children start and time needed to assess them before doing them, so I'm now wondering if they'll actually get looked at anyway if the HV has already carried out their 2 year check.

As your neighbour Mouse we also have a triplicate form (forms the actual one page document was split down into 3 sections to keep Health happy :blink: ). We put one in the LJ and then (have now been told) to put one in the red book so that HV can see it next time they look at the book and give the other to parents.

Most of the children we are doing 2 year checks for are rising 3 so the likelyhood of HV seeing it is remote as they have already done 2 year check yonks ago. If I really have concerns I speak to parents and then ask if they don't mind us contacting the HV (that always seemed to work in the past as well without another bit of paper :rolleyes: ). Parents who really don't want HV to know won't sign 2 year check allowing sharing anyway!

• Like 2

We give the original to the parents ( why should they have a photocopy of a form about their child?) and a photocopy goes into the child's Learning Journey for keyworker to use to track and 'next steps.' I have a cohort tracker for all of the children anyway which is updated termly so the information from the two year old check goes onto that, so I don't then keep a copy in the child's file as well, there is not point in duplicating just for the sake of it. It's up to the parents to decide whether they choose to share with the Health Visitor or not, and we do send a copy to the other setting where we have a shared placement, and we are the main setting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)