Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EBAY - Digital cameras

Hi does any one buy digital cameras from Ebay? Can you recommend a reputable 'seller'? or would you give this a wide berth completely!

Have zero experience of Ebay but sand and dust outdoors seems to be playing havoc with our camera lenses so we're looking for cheap and cheerful (but good quality - I know cake and eat it!) replacements that we won't cry over when they break!

Thanks peeps :1b

Edited by gingerbreadman

do put a plea out to parents.. we did that and ended up with 3 cameras they had upgraded or never used

oooh never thought of that...will do! Thanks!!

Mouse...that's good to hear, thanks - do you buy off the same person or look for anything in the seller? - I really am naive where Ebay is concerned - I'm likely to buy one that's not working!!

Hi, didn't buy from same seller, bought one from the argos outlet store on eBay and the other from mdsbattery.uk, just search digital cameras on eBay , check delivery cost and I only tend to buy from uk sellers.

One was a fine pix about 30.00 from Fuji refurbished factory ...that was the mdsbattery uk, lovely little camera :)

Edited by mouse63

Thanks everybody!! We can't live without the cameras, it just doesn't seem right not to be capturing all the fab things the children do!!

Will be asking parents and checking out Fuji; thanks Cait and Mouse :-)

Had used Kodaks refurbs but they seem to be no longer around :-(

Will let you know how we get on..any more tips etc will still be appreciated; think it will be an ongoing saga!

on the subject of photos - we have 2 cameras - one kindly given to us by the psla last year but it's the printing that is the nightmare - we used to print them off on printer - very small but used so much ink - we realised it's cheaper to get printed at outlets if we have enough but then it means someone has to do this every week in their own time ! help how do you do it please - we do also have a digital viewer

on the subject of photos - we have 2 cameras - one kindly given to us by the psla last year but it's the printing that is the nightmare - we used to print them off on printer - very small but used so much ink - we realised it's cheaper to get printed at outlets if we have enough but then it means someone has to do this every week in their own time ! help how do you do it please - we do also have a digital viewer

It is very costly! - we are selective at what we print now and invested in a laser printer as part of the Capital Grant years ago - cartridges are very expensive but do tend to last a very long time! (thank goodness!) We use any fundraising money/commission from photo days to buy the cartridges. Thinking of asking for the parents to 'buy' the LJ's when they leave - ask them for a donation; not compulsory though

Not everyone has access to the printer so we can minimise wastage! Print on normal photocopier paper - the extra quality of the printer seems to make up for the lack of 'gloss'. Also still print at supermarket but like you say it relies on having lots to get best value and then someone to take them along

this is what is appearing on the market at the minute - but I see it more as a 'yearbook' rather than a learning journey

I suppose another solution to printing costs is to give the parents their photo's on a disc or a USB pen drive - we've considered this but my only thought is that technology moves on rapidly (thinks of all the LP's in the loft!) and will they always have the right device to see them in the future - you just can't get past the good old printed document!

Can I ask how come you were given a camera by psla ? We've been members forever and don't get anything from them....we don't even have representives anymore, only stay members to for the insurance.

we were given it a year ago when I first took over - apparently they were given them and we got a camera, case and album - funnily enough recently had a survey monkey sent to me to find out how we use it ! my psla rep does pop in and is always helpful on the phone - i think you should request more input x

Thanks!! Goodness me that's eye watering! They don't teach that part of the job at college hehe! You need loyalty points :-)

Edited by gingerbreadman