Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

sales

blondie

hands up anyone who spent their boxing day at the sales?

i can think of nothing worse than getting up at stupid o'clock to queue up for a six o'clock opening sale at a shop - you also have to feel for the staff who work in these shops who cannot really enjoy their christmas day as they know they have to get up very early to work in these shops.

or am i being an old humbug lol ? x

hands up anyone who spent their boxing day at the sales?

i can think of nothing worse than getting up at stupid o'clock to queue up for a six o'clock opening sale at a shop - you also have to feel for the staff who work in these shops who cannot really enjoy their christmas day as they know they have to get up very early to work in these shops.

or am i being an old humbug lol ? x

Definitely not me! can't think of anything worse!!!!!! I do like a bargain but nothing would make me queue at silly o'clock or contend with surging crowds like I saw on the news!

• Like 2

No, wouldn't even consider it. In fact thought that shopping before Christmas was very easy this year, so many people use on line these days, now it seems that all the pressure is to shop after Christmas and I can resist that for as long as the longest of queues.

I had a Next voucher for Christmas - maybe I was lucky but yesterday walked into my local Next at about 11.30am - picked myself up a dressing gown slippers and a mantle clock ( exactly what I wanted) for £20 and was out of the shop in about 20 minutes ! :1b

• Like 2

I LOVE the sales, its part of the Christmas break for me and I don't even care if I don't buy anything just spending time with my children hunting for 'bargains', having lunch out, and getting home absolutely exhausted is priceless

Guest sn0wdr0p

I never have enough money (or energy)after Christmas to go to the sales! I think even if I did I wouldn't. I have spent today relaxing in my new onezie and reading and have tried to ignore all the toys around the lounge. (I always let the boys leave their present piles out for about 4 days then have a mad session finding space in their bedrooms to put it all in.)

We went out to Meddowhall in Sheffield. And wow it was extremely busy with people getting lots of sale items. It took us 20 minutes just to get out of the car park and a further 10 minutes to get to the junction via the less busy way.

In the sales we got 2 new jumpers for me (only 1 was in the sales) another jumper for dad 100% cashmere wool for half price. And then we also got some new whisks and a new bathroom rug.

Then we got home to find the fire has decided to stop working, so more sales shopping over the weekend. And I think also we need a new hoover and a new oven too at some point.

Well I am obviously in the minority here, my hubby, son and I had a fab day at the sales. We had a late breakfast at home, popped into Bath, pottered around all morning, had a fab pub lunch in the centre of Bath watching the world and all its tourists go by and then spent all our vouchers, christmas money and a little more and came home. I had a great time with my wonderful husband and 17 year old son and we laughed and chatted all day, special memories made and kept.

I was grateful for the sales as my 15 year old daughter is off on a school GCSE Geography field trip to Iceland in February and needed walking boots, waterproofs and assorted thermal things all of which we managed to get cheaper than we would have had to pay had the sales not been on.

We also managed to squeeze in a bowl of pasta and a glass of red just for energy levels and medicinal purposes of course xD