Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hooray the EYFSP Handbook has been published!

Thanks Millhill . This is going to cost a fortune to print out if i want a hard copy!! And the English is terrible in some sections....not a very good examle to the rest of us!! (im sure your sections were beautifully written Catma ;) )

Now i haven't read all the documents but can someone explain are these supposed to be examples of emerging/expected or exceeding obs??or am i missing something ?

• Like 1

Just had a quick scan through....glad I,m not reception....good luck to all of you that are, the 3E's alone would confuse me :)

Thanks mouse63 - and as for confusion - my name's confusing me at the moment! I've downloaded but to be honest am putting off reading properly for a little bit - my head is ready to explode at the moment and I don't want to actually make that happen! I'll never be able to think straight about the profile right now!

NB EVERYONE: The exemplification is JUST for expected. Emerging would be described through the position a child is at in the dev matters and exceeding by the NC, so the logic of DfE/STA is that we only need to know what working at the ELG looks like. I think this is all described in the final handbook but am saving that for monday pm in the office!! You will see that each set of exemplification observations has only the ELG at the top.

There are also learning journeys in the zip 4...which add to the 17 individual examples of observations of different children. These focus on CL and L outcomes.

I have just downloaded the zip files at home very quickly so possibly the DfE server was busy as everyone headed there yesterday??

Yes, Finleysmaid, Mine are perfect!! (Of course!!) I'm so pleased that several days of frantic work with a limited timescale, this time last year, which we all met bore results. Ironic huh that we could do the work in less than a month and it takes a year to publish but hey ho.

Edited by catma

Thanks for that! :1b

Is there a missing file? ELG16 - Exploring attachment 2 of 2

Apologies if this has already been posted!

x

Edited by Guest

Catma in your post you say

NB EVERYONE: The exemplification is JUST for expected. Emerging would be described through the position a child is at in the dev matters and exceeding by the NC, so the logic of DfE/STA is that we only need to know what working at the ELG looks like. I think this is all described in the final handbook

are you referring to the the handbook that can be downloaded or is there another version yet to come out? Your explanation of the exemplifications is very clear - thank you :1b I only hope that this is officially made clear in the documents, otherwise I think there could be some confusion. :ph34r:

well im feeling a bit stupid...don't know why but i had got the idea that each ELG was going to be split into 3 sections (EM/EX/EXc) urmmmm! now the fog is beginning to lift....the only problem with this is that i feel i need to know much more about the NC1 now than i have before just in case my children hit that level, whereas before the level 9 was always on my paperwork. (one of the problems of working in a pre-school with reception age children in it!!)

I also want to say that you are really completing your profile all through the year - just by tracking your children through the ages and stages you are completing the profile. The EYFSP is just the reporting of where the child is at the end of the year, using emerging (within the ages/stages), expected (at the ELG) or exceeding (working within the NC programme of study) for the return. It's not really an additional "thing" anymore if you think about it. You still have to gather observations etc whenever a child's summative judgement is made thorugh or at the end of the year.

Cx

Hello please can anyone recommend a program to collect data for Nursery and Reception on the Development Matters age bands which then gives you % etc of children at each band.

Thanks

Having downloaded and shared the exemplifications and the learning journeys with fellow Reception teachers, we are having trouble seeing how there could possibly be less paperwork involved. Originally I assumed that we only needed to gather evidence for the ELGs, but the learning journey examples showed otherwise. Remind me, how is it better?

The focus is on you gathering evidence as you go along, irrespective of the age/stage or if they are at the ELGs yet...it's just about ongoing evidence/tracking. At the point of making the EYFSP judgement, using what you have already gathered and summative judgements made you will identify where the child is against the expected ie ELG outcome. It's not doing separate EYFSP observations.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)