Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contracts

toddlermaddness

HELP!!! Can someone explain what the below means? It is meant to be in staff's contracts but i need to know what it means first :-S

Competition

During the course of your employment with [] you shall not, without the prior consent in writing, engage in any activity which is in conflict with the [] or which may cause harm to []

Thanks in advance

I havent seen a clause like that but I take it to mean the staff will agree not to help out at any other setting be it hands on or ideas or anything confidential without the committee's prior consent. If you are bidding for funding and you know anther setting is bidding for the same thing, it would harm your setting if one of your staff helped them to win. If one of your staff helped at another settings summer fete and promoted it that would be conflict with your setting.

• Like 1

Yes Rea is right. Ours isn't worded exactly like that, but means more or less the same thing. We also have a clause that says if a person leaves our setting they can't open another nursery within five miles or within two years of leaving. Its to stop someone leaving to open a setting and taking all your families with them!

Yes Rea is right. Ours isn't worded exactly like that, but means more or less the same thing. We also have a clause that says if a person leaves our setting they can't open another nursery within five miles or within two years of leaving. Its to stop someone leaving to open a setting and taking all your families with them!

To be honest, I'm not really sure that you'd have a leg to stand on if they did. Surely once they had left your employment they are no longer bound by your contract so could do as they wished?

suspect you are right Beau i think this would come under restrictive practise and would be thrown out if taken to court. The contract question is legal however and would be there to ensure staff do not bring the preschool into disrepute.......so they would not be allowed to say or do anything that would hurt the business(...say you were rubbish/tell parents to go elsewhere/write a comment in facebook!! etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)