Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

make and do

hiya everyone!

I am a new member and it is my first time adding a new topic (thanks to Finleysmaid). I am a newish teacher and wanted to do a topic around 'make and do' where i want the children to make something or anything but wanted a book around it to launch the topic. I wanted to know what everyone else thought and what idea I could get from this early years community.

i was thinking something maybe a book around a robots or rockets....

Rehana

Hello and welcome,

Not sure if this is what you want but there's a lovely Harry and the bucketful of dinosaurs book called 'Harry and the Robots' where his own robot goes to robot hospital so he and Nan make a new one then his nan goes to hospital and he takes the robots to see her.

• Like 1

we have a book at my setting, trying to think what is was.....Albie, something to do with animals in his house, using all the things in the house to make a spaceship...it was powered by baked beans !!....

Albie and the space rocket....that was it ! ( had to google )

Q pootle 5 could be used too as he uses an old cat food tin for his rocket booster

Oh yes, I once did a lovely speaking and listening lesson (with Y2s but I don't see why any age group couldn't do it) after reading this'd book. I took assorted kitchen bits and pieces in - there are lots of ideas if you look at the party scene at the back the got them to tell me what part of the spaceship it was.

Hello! (my first post too!) I am using a book with my class of REC/Yr1's called Not a Box by Antoinette Portis. It's a great book about a rabbit who has a box to play with and keeps getting asked what he is doing with that box, to which he replies 'it's not a box' We use this as a stimulus to make various things out of junk boxes! Good for leading onto writing too. There is also a follow on book called Not A Stick! Same idea but making things with sticks!

Hope this helps!

Hello! (my first post too!) I am using a book with my class of REC/Yr1's called Not a Box by Antoinette Portis. It's a great book about a rabbit who has a box to play with and keeps getting asked what he is doing with that box, to which he replies 'it's not a box' We use this as a stimulus to make various things out of junk boxes! Good for leading onto writing too. There is also a follow on book called Not A Stick! Same idea but making things with sticks!

Hope this helps!

Hi Littleshoes and welcome to the forum! :1b

Thanks for the book recommendation!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)