Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Communication Screening Assessment

Sooooooo - as we all know there is less paperwork to do now :ph34r: :blink: xD

I now have to undertake 'Communication Screening Assessments' - I know from a previous comment on another thread that some of you have been doing this for sometime.......

Do you carry these out for 'all' children or just just those that you may have some 'concerns' about?

what is a communication screening assessment? I don't think we do them, we have forms that used to be part of ECAT which we have just used off our own back but never heard of anything we 'have' to use?

Hi Johanna1

Hopefully that means that you don't have to do them - it's a first for our area this year - all down to 'cuts' :(

I wish that I could upload one for you to see but unfortunately I have only been sent a hard copy - hmmmm might have a 'Google' and see if that throws anything up :1b

• Like 1

Sooooooo - as we all know there is less paperwork to do now :ph34r: :blink: xD

I now have to undertake 'Communication Screening Assessments' - I know from a previous comment on another thread that some of you have been doing this for sometime.......

Do you carry these out for 'all' children or just just those that you may have some 'concerns' about?

SIP visit by any chance?

SIP visit by any chance?

Actually no.......I showed the copy left by my SALT on her last (ever?) link visit - to my SIP and she was 'horrified' - not only that we have been asked to carry these out (she had no idea) but also by the 'content'......

So I take it you haven't been given this (yet :rolleyes: )?

Actually no.......I showed the copy left by my SALT on her last (ever?) link visit - to my SIP and she was 'horrified' - not only that we have been asked to carry these out (she had no idea) but also by the 'content'......

So I take it you haven't been given this (yet :rolleyes: )?

No we don't get any visits from anyone other than SIP these days. All area Sencos departed a long time ago there is just one now I think for my part of Kent. We have Forums instead where we can go and all meet up and chat or have visiting professionals come and talk. SALT don't visit unless we have someone they are working with.

No we don't get any visits from anyone other than SIP these days. All area Sencos departed a long time ago there is just one now I think for my part of Kent. We have Forums instead where we can go and all meet up and chat or have visiting professionals come and talk. SALT don't visit unless we have someone they are working with.

Yes, we lost our area SENCO long ago too, and SALT link just for those she was working with - but that's all gone now too........so I'm really interested to hear that you haven't been given this to do........hope some of our fellow 'Kenters' will come along and comment.....

Think that I am really lucky in having such a fab SIP........she is always happy to help :1b

I think we should go back to EYAT's as they had a teaching qualification, mostly in Early Years, and were there to offer us advice.

On the other hand our SIP's, or Setting Improvement Partners have a range of backgrounds and not many have as much experience or higher qualifications in Early Years as I do - the very title they hold to me is a deficit statement that we all have to have one as we all need to improve. And yes I realise that it is unlikely that any of us think we are prefect and we all strive to improve but I preferred it when we had advisors.

Just my view so please don't all shoot me down at once.

I know what I'd love to call our SIP!!! She is always so negative when she comes in to see us.

last week when she came in she didnt speak to a child and only spoke to staff when we made a point of saying 'hello'.

Its frustrating because we always try to implement her ideas but when she comes back she appears to backtrack on what shes advised.

We are always left wondering how long it was that she was actually in some type of childcare. I genuinely think some advisors are a little out of touch these days with the real world of provision.

if you have a good SIP, thats fab. Hope there are others!! sorry for the moan.

I know what I'd love to call our SIP!!! She is always so negative when she comes in to see us.

last week when she came in she didnt speak to a child and only spoke to staff when we made a point of saying 'hello'.

Its frustrating because we always try to implement her ideas but when she comes back she appears to backtrack on what shes advised.

We are always left wondering how long it was that she was actually in some type of childcare. I genuinely think some advisors are a little out of touch these days with the real world of provision.

if you have a good SIP, thats fab. Hope there are others!! sorry for the moan.

Oh that's a real shame :(

Just a point for those in Kent, I do know that SIP's now have access to this forum so I guess they are reading and possible trying to work out who we really are under our forum names! Nowhere is safe these days.

:o :blink: good job I've only said nice things then :rolleyes: xD :lol: xD

• Like 2

Just a point for those in Kent, I do know that SIP's now have access to this forum so I guess they are reading and possible trying to work out who we really are under our forum names! Nowhere is safe these days.

Ha ha! Not from Kent but would kind of like to be knowing that........you know what they say...."if you can't stand the heat...etc etc! : )

I think we should go back to EYAT's as they had a teaching qualification, mostly in Early Years, and were there to offer us advice.

On the other hand our SIP's, or Setting Improvement Partners have a range of backgrounds and not many have as much experience or higher qualifications in Early Years as I do - the very title they hold to me is a deficit statement that we all have to have one as we all need to improve. And yes I realise that it is unlikely that any of us think we are prefect and we all strive to improve but I preferred it when we had advisors.

Just my view so please don't all shoot me down at once.

I was just going to ask what a SIP was, never heard of one of those, what you haven't had you can't miss I spose. We have foundation stage advisors who work the county and early years advisors in our local council area, both of whom I have to say are brilliant and although they don't have all the answers (!!!!) they do try. We are using ECAT for all children, a county requirement for both SLT and 2 year funding

Edited by max321

Oh no, what is this CSA you all speak of?? Never heard of it!! why is there no central body that TELLS settings, all settings, when there is something new to implement like this. It seems I have to find out stuff via hearsay and would love more official universal prewarning before some bod appears and says "oh yeah it's now compulsary and why haven't you got it in place?" GGGGRRRRRR OFSTED, PLA, EYA's and any other official party who don't let us know together and expect us to be psychic. Sorry rant over mumble grumble :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 3

Oh no, what is this CSA you all speak of?? Never heard of it!! why is there no central body that TELLS settings, all settings, when there is something new to implement like this. It seems I have to find out stuff via hearsay and would love more official universal prewarning before some bod appears and says "oh yeah it's now compulsary and why haven't you got it in place?" GGGGRRRRRR OFSTED, PLA, EYA's and any other official party who don't let us know together and expect us to be psychic. Sorry rant over mumble grumble :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Whoa there Hoolahoney - this is not some new compulsory across the board type thing........completely new to me - but I remembered that when i was having a whinge ages ago - when i first heard we were going to have to do this - a few people said - 'we've been doing that for ages' - just wish I could remember who and in which thread! xD

So really sorry if I've caused any alarm - not my intention at all :blink: :1b

Edited by sunnyday