Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

managers pay

Goog luck zigzag.......surely they,re not discussing your pay at the AGM though...are they ?

They discuss it at the committee meeting after the AGM. I am always a bit uncomfortable with this being discussed and decided by parents who are on the committee. We obviously have to leave the meeting then and I am still waiting with bated breath to find out. :huh:

Hi so are you saying immediately after the AGM important decisions are made about wages, with some members only having just come on to the committee. Just seems the completely wrong time to be having these discussions. That said I hope it goes well for you.:)

• Like 1

Oh how terrible....I put my foot down some years ago and refused to have what I was paid discussed with the whole committee...it's now only discussed with the treasurer and chair.......funny enough the last chair who refused an annual pay rise some years ago is now staff and is always moaning about not being paid enough, it's quite interesting to ask the committee what they think your paid...some think your raking it in and others still think you're a volunteer !!

Oh how terrible....I put my foot down some years ago and refused to have what I was paid discussed with the whole committee...it's now only discussed with the treasurer and chair.......funny enough the last chair who refused an annual pay rise some years ago is now staff and is always moaning about not being paid enough, it's quite interesting to ask the committee what they think your paid...some think your raking it in and others still think you're a volunteer !!

A parent years ago couldnt believe we werent paid the same as teachers. Quite how she thought that would be possible knowing what the fee's were was always a bit baffling!

Edited because I just remembered, the woman who was chair when I was playleader would never let my wages rise to a point where I might have to pay tax, very considerate of her, but I would have like the chance.

Edited by Rea
  • Like 2

congrats zigzag, sounds well deserved. The SEF took me 15 minutes so not too much of a drain on my time as I've worked out i'm on a fiver per hour! the joys of being my own boss

Guest youngrisers

think our wages should reflect the knowledge and work we do? We should be on the same pay grades at NQT and above if we have degrees and higher qualifications but I digress, wages should be discussed within the confidential boundaries of the chair and treasurer not a general meeting . It is your employment not theres! we now have put in place a grading scale according to qalifications levels. this helps staff aspire to imroving their knowledge, did ask around forum and locally what other groups did and found this seemed to work well for big and smaller settings. :blink: :blink: :blink:

think our wages should reflect the knowledge and work we do? We should be on the same pay grades at NQT and above if we have degrees and higher qualifications but I digress, wages should be discussed within the confidential boundaries of the chair and treasurer not a general meeting . It is your employment not theres! we now have put in place a grading scale according to qalifications levels. this helps staff aspire to imroving their knowledge, did ask around forum and locally what other groups did and found this seemed to work well for big and smaller settings. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Any chance you could share that? just out of interest. :1b

think our wages should reflect the knowledge and work we do? We should be on the same pay grades at NQT and above if we have

degrees and higher qualifications but I digress, wages should be discussed within the

confidential boundaries of the chair and

treasurer not a general meeting . It is your

employment not theres! we now have put in

place a grading scale according to qalifications

levels. this helps staff aspire to imroving their

knowledge, did ask around forum and locally

what other groups did and found this seemed to

work well for big and smaller settings. :blink:

:blink: :blink:

Could you send some this way!

Guest youngrisers

wish I could for too long early years staff in all areas of our work have been under funded and under estimated think now we have a graduate workforce in place we should be recognised and wages should reflect what we do. i also think grading staff according to experience and qualification is the same as schools and other roles in business and retail. Think the government and others should review how we not only work with small children but we educate, care and give them a vital start in life to life long education and social skills as adults.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)