Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

N.D.N.A Membership

I'm considering whether to join or not. Please can someone tell me if it's worth the hefty subscription fee? At a time when I'm considering cancelling Nursery World and/or Practical Preschool, to save some money, should I even be wondering whether to do this!!

Hmm, edited to put N.D.N.A. in capitals, but it still comes up in lower case

Edited by Steve

Hmm, the lack of reply would tend to suggest that either nobody is a member or that there are some, but they don't feel the membership worth the expense?

Unless you know different of course .........

Sorry Cait - I have no experience of NDNA - how much is it anyway and what do they offer?

Re NW and Practical pre-school - I cancelled my subs last year - to be honest I am thinking of subscribing to NW this year as i do miss it - but I cancelled because there were copies still in their cellophane cluttering up my house - just wasn't opening and reading - bit of a waste of money then :ph34r: :blink: xD

• Like 1

Yes, this is my situation too. I discussed with staff last week when I dumped the pile of unopened magazines on the desk whether to cancel the subscription. There's nothing going on in the field of early years that this forum misses! Plus we get discussions from all perspectives, not just the editor of a magazine.

Subs looked to be £150ish, can't remember. I just want to know what we get for that really. I could ring them, but then I might be coerced into joining .......

Edited by Cait

Yes, this is my situation too. I discussed with staff last week when I dumped the pile of unopened magazines on the desk whether to cancel the subscription. There's nothing going on in the field of early years that this forum misses! Plus we get discussions from all perspectives, not just the editor of a magazine.

Well absolutely!!! :1b

I 'gain' more from this forum than I ever have from mags or (dare i say it) LA support.........shhhh don't tell my lovely SIP that I said that - she really is lovely - but I have often found myself telling her info that I have gleaned from here :1b

• Like 3

Don't know about NDNA but am still a member of the PSLA (about £80 I think) - comes in useful for publications and insurance. I have stopped all mag. subscriptions apart from EYE mag. as I found NW only had the odd useful article in it, PP got a bit repetitive and teach nursery wasn't that informative either. I am debating whether to continue with EYE mag too as at the moment every penny spend needs to justify itself.

We were NDNA members but I did let the subscription lapse as we rarely used it , the magazine was interesting but nothing in there we didn't find out from other sources and we use PSLA for insurance/lawcall etc and have always found them a more reasonable cost effective association.

We are a member of NDNA - I find it quite useful, but we are going through their accredited quality improvement programme and the discounts make the membership worthwhile. As well as discounts on publications there are also discounts on on-line training courses - should you use them (I haven't!). They also provide members only fact sheets. I have found these quite useful - especially for staff training sessions. They also offer regional meetings annually (free) which is a good opportunity to meet and talk with practitioners you wouldn't otherwise see. As for the mags: NW anything you really need to know is online (very irritating to open it up an realise you have read half online), EYE - I like for the more academic articles that don't seem to be available anywhere else and Teach Nursery is growing on me! NDNA also offer discounts on their conference etc, but you could go on holiday for the cost of a ticket!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)