Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Could Cry With Happiness

beth1

I have lost count how many rounds of gcse result days I have now seen. Oooh I remember its 4 rounds and counting! After 3 attempts I finally gained a grade A in GCSE English.

12 years ago I sat GCSE maths and failed. A year after getting a grade D in GCSE maths and being disappointed about it. I decided last September to redo the course with the same tutor. Well....today I got the results back from the June 12 exams and...I got...a grade....C!

So at the same time I decided that I would have another go at doing a science but this time International GCSE biology. Well with no support from the distance learning course and ending up reading the text book to help me. I ended up with a grade F, which oddly enough is worse than my GCSE double award science.

Hang on that's 3 attempts at getting a grade C or above in both GCSE English and maths. Ok so does that mean it will take me 3 attempts at getting A GCSE science subject?

So with the main and most important GCSE's down, I have only now got 1 more to go this time GCSE biology via private tuition. I am almost there to getting to my goal of applying for a PGCE primary place. Which now will have to be a 2014 start or so I have been told by a couple of uni's. Only one didn't mention anything about not being allowed to apply this year for a 2013 start.

I will not give up this dream of being a primary school teacher, as one of my friends said 'you have worked so hard, you will get to there one day!'

Bring on the next year of fun. :)

• Like 1

I have lost count how many rounds of gcse result days I have now seen. Oooh I remember its 4 rounds and counting! After 3 attempts I finally gained a grade A in GCSE English.

12 years ago I sat GCSE maths and failed. A year after getting a grade D in GCSE maths and

being disappointed about it. I decided last

September to redo the course with the same

tutor. Well....today I got the results back from the

June 12 exams and...I got...a grade....C!

So at the same time I decided that I would have

another go at doing a science but this time

International GCSE biology. Well with no support

from the distance learning course and ending

up reading the text book to help me. I ended up

with a grade F, which oddly enough is worse

than my GCSE double award science.

Hang on that's 3 attempts at getting a grade C

or above in both GCSE English and maths. Ok so does that mean it will take me 3 attempts at getting A GCSE science subject?

So with the main and most important GCSE's

down, I have only now got 1 more to go this

time GCSE biology via private tuition. I am

almost there to getting to my goal of applying for

a PGCE primary place. Which now will have to

be a 2014 start or so I have been told by a

couple of uni's. Only one didn't mention anything

about not being allowed to apply this year for

a 2013 start.

I will not give up this dream of being a primary

school teacher, as one of my friends said 'you have worked so hard, you will get to there one day!'

Bring on the next year of fun. :)

Ditto, have exactly the same dream, after many attempts I got my gcse maths today and I'm appealing English Mark was two marks of a c :( ! Bring on science in sept! Many congratulations x

Ditto, have exactly the same dream, after many attempts I got my gcse maths today and I'm appealing English Mark was two marks of a c :( ! Bring on science in sept! Many congratulations x

Congratulations to you too Sox and good luck with your appeal :1b

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well done, you are very brave.

I have my english (then O level) and a degree and would love to do my EYP but the thought of trying maths again after a dismal grade E thirty years ago has always stopped me. it's like a massive brick wall in front of me. I'm not stupid and sure I am more than capable of achieving it and have gone as far as contacting Equivalency Testing but not further - it gives me the shudders. So you should be really really proud of yourself and I hope you achieve your dream. Congratulations.

Well done, you are very brave.

I have my english (then O level) and a degree and would love to do my EYP but the thought of trying maths again after a dismal grade E thirty

years ago has always stopped me. it's like a massive brick wall in front of me. I'm not stupid

and sure I am more than capable of achieving it

and have gone as far as contacting Equivalency

Testing but not further - it gives me the

shudders. So you should be really really proud

of yourself and I hope you achieve your dream.

Congratulations.

Don't let ur maths stop you! Out of maths and English, it was the maths results that I was nervous about yesterday! There wasn't a maths minded person in my class and we all received higher grades than expected! :) and on top of that I as pleased as anything to have passed as I did it in a year! Half the time school children and with a lot less teacher support!

Guest tinkerbell

Congratulations to everyone who doesn't give up on their education.

I think sometimes we are just not 'ready'at certain stages in our lives to take on some of these exams and it can also be down to lack of positive encouragement.I know I was stuck in a low stream in a grammer school and quite frankly written off in some subjects.I also think this makes us great educators as we know how it feels to struggle at something.

so very well done!

Tinkerbell

Right now to get the AQA GCSE biology books so I can start my final leg of gcse's. The place I sat the igcse biology suggested a couple of books, to work through them and have tuition when needed i.e. not every week. So hopefully this time next year I should have the science requirements for teacher training.

Slowly getting there. :0

Right now to get the AQA GCSE biology books so I can start my final leg of gcse's. The place I sat the igcse biology suggested a couple of books, to work through them and have tuition when needed i.e. not every week. So hopefully this time next year I should have the science requirements for teacher training.

Slowly getting there. :0

Perhaps we could help each other with biology along the way :)