Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Three Days And Counting!

Panders

Can't help it this term - just really cream crackered! As we are not open on Wednesdays we only 3 days left until end of term and I can't wait!

Oh how the other half live! Now let me think what i would do if I had three days left to work!! Read, go out with friends, holiday... Better stop dreaming and get back to work!!

Got 4 weeks left then heading off to the sun for a very long, very hot lie down to recover. We have had a tough cohort this year, lots of SEN and behaviour probs which we have dealt with and am proud that my team and I have prepared all of our leavers for school. I should be looking forward to September and our younger childrens turn to be in the spotlight but these last 2 weeks I have referred 3 of them to SLT, 1 to OT, 2 to family support and have asked our area SENCO to come and observe another 2. Ah well, good thing I love this job

Guest sn0wdr0p

You are so lucky. Next week is the start of our busiest time of the year with up to 40 children coming to our out of school club every day and a minimum of 2 outings a week which I always do because I drive the minibus and those days are exhausting.

I am so jealous.

Having just realised it is quarter to one in the morning I better make sure I do not do this next week. (I have just finished ordering all my extra resources online for delivery next week. Poor husband snoring on the sofa having got fed up of waiting for me to finish)

I only work 3 days a work, so have today (don't work Wednesdays) and the Graduation and Leavers Party on Thursday. We only have 17 leaving to go to school this year so will be relatively quiet.

These are my last days at my current setting as I am leaving to start my own preschool with a friend (currently in the process of setting up) so am very exciting but sad at the same time. Does that make any sense?!?

I'm off work with my ankle this week but I don't finish till a week on Thursday (26th) It would have been the Friday but for our Jubilee day in lieu!

I have only 3 days to go, well 3 mornings plus Friday afternoon (party!). I am soo looking forward to the loooong summer holidays and I will be glad to see the back of this academic year.

First term started with working across 2 settings and finishing my degree plus gcse maths. Then spend a term in a special needs school then last term back in mainstream. Wow writing that down has made me realise why the current year group I have doesn't really respect me. Ummm spending 1/3 of a year being here, there and everywhere. Followed by 1/3 away from the year group then in one for a better a word dumped back into the class again. No wonder I have 'fought' a loosing battle with the children.

I am also looking forward to the new academic year, for me this means a new teacher and teaching assistant, with the current reception children who will be moving in to year 1. I know that it will be my first decent year at the school after being there for 3 years, and will need to 'step up' as I am the only one that knows the routines for year 1 at the moment.

First of all lets bring on the long school holidays, I am in need of my rest! B) Oh and for once I do not have a long to do list for summer ;)