Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dfe Resources And News Page

Steve

Hi all -

The DfE has asked us to host a news and resources page for them, which will include items of interest to the early years community (for example, the recent release of the revised EYFS would have been made directly available to the FSF had it been available).

We're happy to do this, and it will be available over the next few days. They have also suggested it might be useful to have a 'Questions and Answers' section where we (the early years community) can ask questions of policy and strategy of them, and they will endeavour to provide answers from the various departments responsible.

To seed this with some initial content I suggested posting asking for questions you might like to ask. So if you'd like to PM me with any questions you have I'll be pleased to forward them. Please make them courteous - I don't mind challenging but I won't be forwarding anything that I wouldn't be comfortable with asking them face to face. (I don't really know why I'm making this point - the FSF community has always risen above that sort of thing!)

I'll let you know when the page is available - it will appear from then on under the 'Resources' menu item. Hopefully it will be a useful tool as time goes on! :1b

• Like 1

Wow, I do find that interesting. It's one way to know our views are getting across. The cynic in me thinks just because they can hear us doesn't mean they are listening, but I like the fact they are making the effort to keep us up-to-date.

Thanks chaps - I do think they're sincere about wanting to communicate. They've also suggested at some stage having a moderated online chat session, although no more detail has been discussed.

So all I need now are some questions! :1b

I've had two questions so far; both about the proposed changes to childminder inspection regulations. I'm moving this post out into the open area to make it easier to find, and could do with some more submissions (if you're not all focussing on the long bank holiday and half term! :ph34r: )

Ooh I must go and have a look. I think my only question, which I don't need to PM, would be about the way that different authorities interpret the framework, like some areas being told they have to have 3 pieces of evidence for each development statement, and other areas being told they can use a lot of professional judgement. We could do with some guidance on the realistic amount of paperwork we are meant to produce for each child.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Cait

"different authorities interpret the framework, like some areas being told they have to have 3 pieces of evidence for each development statement, and other areas being told they can use a lot of professional judgement."

the idea of having three pieces of evidence for each development statement is the first ive heard of it, please could you advise me where you heard of this so i could do some more investigating.

thank you!

p.s what local authority are you under?

It's not my authority, some people on here have mentioned it in the past. The point I was making was that authorities shouldn't be able to make their own 'by laws' unilaterally, without having them agreed by a central source, so that we are all playing by the same rules, and getting the same messages from our authorities

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)