Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised Eyfs Information For Parents

I know that there will be 'official' information for parents about the revised EYFS published in the summer. I imagine that will mean it is not until July / August!

But I want to get ahead and produce a booklet for our parents. I also want it to be designed specifically with our families in mind, include photos of our children doing activities in our setting etc. In other words individual to our setting.

I am wondering what all you folks would choose to put into it? What do you think are the things parents will most want to know? What do you think are the most important things they will need to know? All ideas gratefully received. I promise I will post the wording of the end result - but don't hold your breaths as it may take a while! xD

Thank you, in hope!

That sounds like a lovely idea, might think about doing one of those myself. Not sure if I will include photos of actual children, might be issues with getting permission to print their images and need to be able to use it once those children have left the setting but would certainly be able to take photos of pertinent activities and displays. I look forward to seeing your finished result and will add that idea to my (ever lengthening) 'things to do' list

Like you wanting to do info for my new parents meeting next month. Contacted 4children as it is them producing the parenst info, their reply was that it is planned for June.

Hi

i did one for parents on EYFS and used childrens photos and got parents permission of children involved they were happy to let me use it and proud their child is still associated with the preschool so perhaps ask you never know! However I do not have permission to publish it on the web so cannot upload it. If you give me some time I will remove the photos and post it then. I did get the idea from this wonderful site though so have you tryed searching for similiar?

Andrea

I have had a go now as I think I will be able to use this as a basis for staff training too. I am attaching the basic wording so far but I have yet to set it out to look attractive. I will use the quotes I have picked out and photos to do this. I would really welcome any comments (positive and negative), especially about how you think parents would respond. I have deliberately not included much on the Profile as we are a day nursery, not school.

I am also wondering if there is a 'Clever Dick' out there who can help? I would like to include the chart of the themes (Development Matters page 2) and the two charts (Page 5) showing the Characteristics of effective learning and the Areas of learning and Development. I can't find a way to copy & paste, and hope there is a way to do that so I don't have to take the time to create a copy from scratch.

Thank you

Gruffalo

The Early Years Foundation Stage-information for parerts.docx

I am still hoping someone can help with the charts???

It would make my week!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gruffalo2,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this work you have completed. :1b

I am aiming to make a power point presentation within the next 2 weeks for parents. If I get it finished I will share it with you.

Rosepetal

• 4 weeks later...

oops here it is

I can't claim to be a 'clever dick' though it just so happens my ICT son is here this weekend for fathers day. I told him what I wanted to do and he went tap tap tap on the keyboard and hey presto!

Apparently he used a paint programme ... he is going to show me how to do it later ...!

development matters charts.docx

Edited by Gezabel
  • Like 1

Am I being thick, but is the logo box a bit inflexible?? Ican't get mine to fit at all.

Any ideas?

Also is there a non editable version available to directly send as a link to parents, or is the editable one the only version available?

Guest lucyevans

It's possible to delete the logo box and insert your own logo.

Am I being thick, but is the logo box a bit inflexible?? Ican't get mine to fit at all.

Any ideas?

Also is there a non editable version available to directly send as a link to parents, or is the editable one the only version available?

It's possible to delete the logo box and insert your own logo.

Yes I am not sure why we want our details on it, as it's not the settings own document. Has anyone done the training and got suggestions for the bit we are supposed to edit ourselves?

i attended the 'training' last night.....basically sat whilst the chnges were read out to us, no chance to answer questions, or make comments...had to write them on sticky notes.

more training will take place in october time (ish)

sorry to answer your question, no...they gave no suggestions how to edit the doc to suit each setting, just told us we had to ensure every parent had access to the information...i intend to prinf off 1 hard copy for our lobby, then put a downloadable one on our website.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)