Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Milk - School Size

Currently we buy our children's milk when we are doing our weekly shop and they drink it out of stage appropriate cups, we are a pre-school running from a church hall.

What we are wondering is does anyone have the small cartons of milk that they get given in school nursery/reception?

If so where do you get them from?

We have ours delivered now - and have the choice of small cartons or large bottles, we go for the bottles and use jugs.

Found we had a lot of waste with cartons, one mouthful or so then we had to physically empty them before we could chuck the empty boxes.

• Like 1

We have ours delivered now - and have the choice of small cartons or large bottles, we go for the bottles and use jugs.

Found we had a lot of waste with cartons, one mouthful or so then we had to physically empty them before we could chuck the empty boxes.

Thanks for that, I will tell the staff, never thought about they could be too big

we use Scotts milk and they give us a choice , they also sort the funding out for the free milk and we get free fruit and bread each week , have mentioned this before - we get the small cartons for our older ones session as they drink them all and like the cartons.

Sorry to keep asking you but how do Scotts milk sort out the funding ? Do you tell them how many children drink milk and have attended each session or how do they do it? :)

Oh yes I'd like to know about this too....we use Cool Milk but I would change if there was something better on offer - free fruit sounds good :1b

• Like 1

we registered with them , tell them how many children on role and they sort out the rest - check out the website- think it was aminimum of 20 children per day to get free fruit, the bread, we get 3 loaves per week - Kingsmill 50/ 50 , our treasurer sorted after i made initial enquiry but very straightforward as far as i know http://www.milkforfree.co.uk

• Like 1

We get semi-skimmed milk from cool milk

thanks i wasn't sure the pre-school that i have just moved to use whole milk but the pre-school i have just left used semi- skimmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Semi skimmed from cool milk in one pint bottles which we put in a jug and use ikea coloured plastic open cups.

I didn't think you could get free fruit in nursery? Maybe it's just Scotland? Great if you can - make the most of it!

i phoned Scotts milk and they said because of the amount of children we have per day we can get a free fruit for a year

i phoned Scotts milk and they said because of the amount of children we have per day we can get a free fruit for a year

Can I ask how many you have ? I have used Cool Milk for a couple of years but also didn't know fruit was on offer elsewhere.

Can I ask how many you have ? I have used Cool Milk for a couple of years but also didn't know fruit was on offer elsewhere.

we have 26 in the morning and 26 in the afternoon but the children who stay all day can't be counted for both am and pm so it would be about 36 children a day

Thanks Sammy. I rang Cool Milk today to see if they would offer fruit and they said they were not allowed to offer anything but milk under

the government guidelines.

Guest babyjane31

Thanks for this lashes just phone and was offered free fruit, bread and soya milk which will save us a fortune, they did say that this was a free incentive for 1 year but that they were loooking to extend it to two. can i just ask how much fruit and what sort of thing you get?

wow this is very exciting.. we just used the usual NMRU forms to claim for our milk usage and this will not only save us time each month making the claims, but also hopefully get us free fruit, bread and soya milk!!! Thanks for this info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)