Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daiquiri Cocktail

Rea

I'm hoping someone can help, because this is driving me mad...

I was drinking cocktails yesterday and I'm certain there is a line in a film, possibly James Bond? where the man says...

'and a daiquiri for the lady'.

My friend didnt know what I was on about and neither did the bar man.

So help, please, because my friend thinks I dreamt it. :D

Ooh! Cocktails! I have been challenged to drink 50 different cocktails before I'm 50. Are you a connoisseur, Rea? What can you recommend? I've had six so far...

Please tell me your birthday's not tomorrow! ;) :blink:

Can't help on the film question but the Hummingbird Bakery 'Cake Days' recipe book has Strawberry Daiquiri cup cakes in it!

Its hard to say Maz, some places make up their own. A champagne Fru Fru is lovely, Angels Treat, daiquiri, lemon meringue, manhatten, one with parma violets...cant really remember many more. They often seem a strange combination but if you go to a really good place they really do taste wonderful. You need to go where they use fresh fruit juices and enjoy what they do. The lemon meringue was real egg white whisked in front of us and layered onto whatever the drink was. I hated the martini, the only good thing about it was the olive.

Its a wonderful way to while away a day and night :D :wacko:

Oooo cocktails, now here is a good distraction from school work!! My hubby makes a good cocktail or three!!

You need to have a Cosmopolitan; the best ones are made when the bar person flames the piece of orange peel over the finished drink.

A 'Fuzzy Navel', a 'Woo Woo' or a 'Seeing Red', all good if you like peach schnapps. Then there's the Sea Breeze, which is nice and tangy. My hubby's fave is a Long Island Iced Tea, but my personal go to cocktail of choice is a mojito, gorgeous as a standard one and the raspberry version is yummy too!

Ahh Laila I'm with you!! Mohito is my favourite - had some fab ones on holiday in Costa Rica - fresh limes and sugar crushed, with ice and Argentinian rum over the top - yum!! (But lethal.) My boys loved the virgin stawberry daiquiries. Had a woo woo last week too, very nice!

I've never watched the film Rachael, so probably not, but maybe saw a clip? Dont think it was that though :huh:

Mojito! Fabulous, I'd forgotten that one. Molotov cocktail too. That was served in an old coke bottle with a napkin shoved in the top. Blue Lagoon was the parma violet one.

as this cocktail hails from Havana, Cuba I googled the films made there, and this is what came up, which I thought you may have seen. Goldeneye, Die another day, Guys and Dolls and Our Man in Havana. Any good?

Perhaps Mr.S can be prevailed upon to steam clean the little grey cells this evening.

• Like 1

Seen all of those I think. I'm veering towards maybe Frank Sinatra, Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart, Gregory Peck type people.

Yep me too - or Tony Curtis.........someone like that........

Hope you know this is driving me nuts now! :oxD :lol: xD

After much Googling I kept coming across links to Casablanca but I can't tie it down to that. A good procrastination activity though - thanks!

I keep getting a reference to Airplane and bombing daiquiri at 18.00 hrs.

Is it To have and have not, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall? Its based on a Hemingway novel and he's credited with inventing the Daiquiri while he was living in Cuba.

I'm learning as we go... xD

Temptation won. I've scanned through but not seen any daiquiri, but I found a web site that focused on the drinks in movies and Lauren Bacall drinks a daiquiri in to Have and have not, so maybe I missed it.

Without the internet I'd have put the washing out, got myself ready for the day and cleaned the kitchen from last nights supper. Instead I'm googling daiquiri. Must. Stop.

• Like 2