Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Investigation Area.....help!

starsky

Hi Guys

Its been a long time since my last post but since then I have got a new job as a manager of a new nursery...yey... My problem is I am on a very strict budget and lacking space but want to make an investigation area inside. I was wondering what sort of things you guys had in yours...ideas would be great....pictures or links would also be fab!

Thanks again x x

Guest pamgreen

Have a look at the website "Imagination tree" there are some fantastic cheap ideas. We made today "Cloud dough" all we used was flour baby oil and glitter it made moon sand it was so amazing so cheap it encourage so much investigating skills there are loads of ideas. we now use there no cook dough recipe its brill.

my two favourites at the moment

investigation bottles...filled with rice and small items hidden to find by shaking the bottle(i bought some great jars from asda really cheap and tesco's value rice, toys from around the room!)

and i have just found how to make icebergs from soap(tesco's value soap...30p) cut off a piece and put in the microwave for 1 minute it puffs up to puffy icebergs float in water and add penguins etc

• Like 1

firstly try a forum search there will be loads of previous ideas ...

discovery bottles... make them with the children though.. our favourite was washing up liquid with a little water and green food colour.. jsut a tiny amount in the bottom of a 2 litre bottle.. and shake...

also baby oil and water and food colour... 50/50 oil to water in a bottle and fill it to the top, use a 500ml or even 350ml plastic water bottle... looks like waves when moved side to side..

more ideas here

imagination tree

dancing Oobleck now this one will need help and supervision but could be fun, must admit never tried it but looks amazing..

maybe not truly discovery but for a maths based area..estimation station

Oh my goodness how amazing is the site Imagination tree, and how is it possible that I have never heard of it before. Thank you so much for the link will be my favourite site from now on (after this one of course) :o

Funny you should say - I had a quick look and loved it - it's now added to my favourites bar! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)