Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Plans....*head In Hands*

I know this is such a popular topic but one that gets such different results each time!

Our weekly plans have a focus activity each day and then the different areas underneath with a box to write what to put in that area each morning! My staff come in, look at the plans and put out what goes on what table and in what area!

My question is....do you have one thing in each area per week or change the toys/resources each day ie/ whats in the sand/water or what on the small world table & construction area??

Ive done a quick search but can only seem to find reception planning formats...would anyone like to share their Day Nursery plans? (2-4 years old) xx

Edited by Guest

when we did it that way we had different things in each area everyday

we did however move on to the children's choice and they had a picture of the resources and chose what to have out in each are each day with us adding to it if it became the same very day as they often wanted that

we then moved onto the children choice but having trolleys or shelves with a variety of resources on them so they got our what they wanted each session and put i away when finished with so several items could be out in an area over the day.. but usually is seldom happened this way once they were used to it they tended to have one or two out all day, these we recorded on the sheet as they used them and if we found gaps then we decided to put an item out before they arrived and this tended to get them interested in it again.

we were packaway, but once we had trolleys for the basics like sand, water, playdough , mark making etc.. the others like construction were done with pictures of the items if large or we had some shelves on wheels with boxes on them.. had we been able to have them out i woudl have had shelves around the walls with boxes on them and a picture on the box to show what was in them for self selection.

29_11_11_daily_plan.doc

This is my planning (i update daily) but the activities do not always change if a group are really interested in something then it may stay out for days...i was once told that the 'activities'should be 80% the same and 20% different so that there is continuation for the children. This 80/20 split can also be used for individual areas....ie train track might have tunnels or go around a farm that was not there the day before!

the middle column has individual childrens names in it as a suggested next step(which we re do every fortnight)

I do very similar to you bubbles, we put something out to start the children off and then they put it away and get something else out if they want to, all our resources are in pictured boxes at their level so they can choose what to have. I trialled letting the children choose but we had some problems in that they couldn't get used to the empty room at the start of the session or it was the same children in first so they always got to choose or it was the same things put out every session so we went back to a rotation of resources. We tend to put the same items in area such as tuff spot, water, sand for three days (ish, depending on level of use) as we do not have full time children and it gives them all a chance to play with resources , floor toys and table toys are rotated and change between morning and afternoon sessions. We have an EYFS Focus area of learning each week and this influences some of the resources available e.g. next week our focus is CLL reading and the tuff spot has fantasy figures in it, the shop will be a library, the writing table has notebooks/exercise books added to it, the computer will have fairytale CDs and table activities will include story sequence cards, storyboard, etc. I don't think there is a right way or wrong way to this kind of planning, its finding a method that works for you

I do very similar to you bubbles, we put something out to start the children off and then they put it away and get something else out if they want to, all our resources are in pictured boxes at their level so they can choose what to have. I trialled letting the children choose but we had some problems in that they couldn't get used to the empty room at the start of the session or it was the same children in first so they always got to choose or it was the same things put out every session so we went back to a rotation of resources. We tend to put the same items in area such as tuff spot, water, sand for three days (ish, depending on level of use) as we do not have full time children and it gives them all a chance to play with resources , floor toys and table toys are rotated and change between morning and afternoon sessions. We have an EYFS Focus area of learning each week and this influences some of the resources available e.g. next week our focus is CLL reading and the tuff spot has fantasy figures in it, the shop will be a library, the writing table has notebooks/exercise books added to it, the computer will have fairytale CDs and table activities will include story sequence cards, storyboard, etc. I don't think there is a right way or wrong way to this kind of planning, its finding a method that works for you

Yes sounds very similar Max321....i would love to see what your plans look like for the week?

bubbles I will try to attach one in work tmw but as I'm in the middle of an IT course (severe brainache) at the mo it might not happen as I just don't get technology.

29_11_11_daily_plan.doc

This is my planning (i update daily) but the activities do not always change if a group are really interested in something then it may stay out for days...i was once told that the 'activities'should be 80% the same and 20% different so that there is continuation for the children. This 80/20 split can also be used for individual areas....ie train track might have tunnels or go around a farm that was not there the day before!

the middle column has individual childrens names in it as a suggested next step(which we re do every fortnight)

Kind of you to share.......always interesting to see how others 'do it'! :o

Kind of you to share.......always interesting to see how others 'do it'! :o

no probs...it's not the best example but gives the idea of what we do...i find it really interesting how much support and advice some settings get and yet others have to make it up as they go along, so we all end up doing things in a different way (most of us not knowing if it is correct or not)...but i guess you just have to go with what works for you so having lots of examples helps to decide which bits 'fit' or not....must be difficult for inspectors who have to get their heads round it all!

Thats the bit that i love about the EYFS, it enables you to look at your own provision, children, families, area and work accordingly.

[ obviously working within the statutory requirements].

The one box doesn't fit all springs to mind, nor should it. :o

Bubble00, hopefully I have attached my planning for this week. This is the planning sheet for individual staff and I also produce a general one for the continuous provision which shows changes made to the different areas to support the focus areas of learning. will try to upload that as well

Yahoo it worked!!

plan_CLL.doc

Edited by max321

Hi,

I currently do a continuous provision plan half-termly documenting resources and have a weekly class teaching planner with psrn and cll group time activities and objectives on. I also do focussed activity sheets with a class list, activity and objectives. I am looking to change my planning to maybe show more progression of PLODS and reference to earlier assessments, a colleague of mine recommended this blog and have just been peeking at it this evening. It looks brill and has some planning examples.

http://abcdoes.typepad.com/abc-does-a-blog...ty-support.html

Hope this helps!

Zoziebell

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)