Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are You As Mad As A Box Of Frogs?

finleysmaid

Found myself in a gail this morning in the garden playing a robot game with the children. MY assistant and myself (who happens to be my daughter ...very silly when together) were walking round the garden in a robot like manner, the children were throwing bean bags at our legs...if they hit then we stopped if they missed we carried on. I came in at the end of the sessions (rather windswept) and asked the staff whether they thought all pre-schools were as mad as us...only to walk through and find my new assistant with several eye stickers plastered all over her face...i think she's settled in don't you?

So my question is are you all as potty as this or is it just us????? xD:(:o

Well I have to say not everyone is as mad as a box of frogs, (or in house 'as mad as a bag of ferrets') because I've seen staff looking skywards and giving each other the bonkers look because I love to muck around. Sometimes it wasnt really mucking around in the true sense, sometimes it was just playing tig, or arly barly feet off ground or any other silly game.

I doubt if anyone could ever stop me but it has made me question myself, especially in settings where I'd never been before, I used to wonder if I was too mad. I came to the opinion that there is no such thing as too mad but there is a thing of being too sensible. Very sad places where 'being sensible' is mandatory.

I love anything that makes the children giggle or stop and stare. Well done for doing just that :oxD

I spent half an hour this morning 'being' a christmas tree! the children decided they were fed up decorating and redecorating the play tree so started on me. I must have looked a sight with bauble earrings, tinsel necklace, a fairy on my head and various ornaments hung off each finger, the trouble is I tend to forget that all parents can see me on the webcam, cue lots of smiles and comments when they returned to collect their children!

Edited by max321

well i guess it's just a few of us then ladies! Well all i can say is keep up the good work....they'll be more children smiling because of it!and my little reluctant speaker 'shouted' to me for the first time today in the middle of this game, guess he just forgot himself for a mo :o

anyway you've all made me smile today so thank you xD

We're all bonkers too! We had our visit from our EYFS Adviser this week and she didn't like our planning... we had our planning meeting last night and decided to rebel and instead of writing learning intentions as usual we wrote aim: To have fun and enjoy the week. :D

I want to do this but the other girls won't let me...

Put some water in a tuff-spot. Add a hat, a scarf tied in a ring, a carrot, some pebbles. Then see what the children do/say. Will anyone work out it's a melted snowman?

Apparently I'm being mean :o

definately mad here...................we have two children who love Bon Jovi (they know the words better than I do!), so we sometimes put their cd on and play air guitar to it.................bliss!!!! even better when we're jumoing around to it ( and yes, the mums approve LOL )

definately mad here...................we have two children who love Bon Jovi (they know the words better than I do!), so we sometimes put their cd on and play air guitar to it.................bliss!!!! even better when we're jumoing around to it ( and yes, the mums approve LOL )

:o i can see it now! my group are into Michael Buble and Frank sinatra at the moment.....i find myself bursting into song and sweeping around the room on a regular basis ...i had one little boy last year who was heavily into Michael Jackson...he taught the whole group the moves to Thriller xD

shame ofsted don't score us silly points ...it should be a necessary part of the job really. I have had two children over the years who rarely smiled it took us ages to get them to relax and let go, and others who are so adult led that they find themselves unable to be a 3 year old ...very sad :(

Now I sit being a grown up looking after the forum I miss being silly in a setting sometimes.....glad there was no webcam where I worked because I loved singing and dancing like no one was watching me if that makes sense....the children neither mind or care if you can sing in tune or dance with panache they just love your enthusiasm....I fondly remember going through a Shania Twain phase and got the children all line dancing.

We had a puppet called Spike too that I would bring to life and he was naughty and very silly and the children would roll around on the floor with laughter

I have spent time being covered in stickers, bandaged up, wrapped up like a parcel, hands, arms, feet being buried in sand trays, blowing bubbles, hiding, pulling funny faces, being climbed on, cuddled, jumped on, been covered in paint, gloop and various bodily fluids and sat laughing till I have cried with laughter....Early years a job that is hard to beat on it's good days :o

I have spent time being covered in stickers, bandaged up, wrapped up like a parcel, hands, arms, feet being buried in sand trays, blowing bubbles, hiding, pulling funny faces, being climbed on, cuddled, jumped on, been covered in paint, gloop and various bodily fluids and sat laughing till I have cried with laughter....Early years a job that is hard to beat on it's good days :o

And for me the really hilarious bit is when I forget that I'm draped in necklaces/wearing a tiara/have labels stuck all over me and a smear of paint across the nose and I go out into the 'real world' of school and find myself having words with a big Y6 who is trying not to giggle at me (with some justification!) or when I'm dismissing my children from the playground at the end of the day - 'my' parents get used to it but those belonging to other year groups are sometimes seen looking a bit startled!