Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Happy Ending.

HoneyPancakes

Have just returned from my little boy's nativity play. I've been in floods of tears as the little girl who said not one word in Nursery, the odd, very very quiet words in Reception, started to chat a bit in Class one .... was Mary....and sang a SOLO!!! Very, very quietly, but she stood up in front of 180 people sang. Anyone who knows her - blubbing like babies.

Merry Christmas,

Honey

Ahhh that's lovely.....great when you see these little quiet shy peoples finally finding their voice in this world quite literally in this case.

Talking of blubbing I wish Chris Evans would stop playing the Military Wives Choir each morning as I try and put my mascara on.....you would think I would stop welling up now having heard it loads of times!!!

It is lovely when you know the story and there is a big breakthrough...

The aim is to make 'Wherever You Are' by the Military Wives Choir number 1 for Christmas so a lot more airplay yet.. as to whether anyone will become used to it is another matter... for me it is the fact that is it their own words being used from letters that makes it even more emotional to listen to.. along with being an ex military wife myself .. brought back a few memories...

not forgetting it is really for charity.. SAFFA and RBL

Edited by Inge

I know that feeling well, HoneyPancakes. I went along to a school nativity once, and watched open mouthed as the cheeky little chappy who has such life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses took a starring role and I shed more than a tear or two as I thought about what he was like as a little three year old. Some of it was pride at knowing how we had played our part in getting him to this stage where his transformation could be displayed to the whole school, even though only a few of us in that hall knew what a journey he had been on. Those moments are priceless and that's why we do our job in the face of so much rubbish that seems to go with it.

As for the Military Wives song I haven't heard it, and nor did I watch the TV series. I will download it but I'm not sure I'm strong enough to listen to it at the moment, given my propensity to blub over the slightest thing. It would be great for it to get to number one!

.... go on, I dare you - but have the tissues handy!

No-no-Nona! You won't get me that way. I expect to be shedding enough tears this weekend and already today I've blubbed over my tea in Costa talking about my staff who I made redundant in July still not having got jobs. :o

I have a strict no-Daily-mail policy in my house, so I'm sorry to deprive them of the extra 50p! Maybe I'll gift a copy to MrsWeasley instead!

I to am in the same boat in both cases, the choir make me want to blub as do "The soldiers" when they sing.

I am now working in year 2 in the afternoon with children that I worked with when they were in Nursery it is really great to see how they have moved on/progressed, when they performed there Christmas performance the other night, someone who did not talk whilst at nursery had an awful lot of lines to say. it was really great to see them all.

Have just returned from my little boy's nativity play. I've been in floods of tears as the little girl who said not one word in Nursery, the odd, very very quiet words in Reception, started to chat a bit in Class one .... was Mary....and sang a SOLO!!! Very, very quietly, but she stood up in front of 180 people sang. Anyone who knows her - blubbing like babies.

Merry Christmas,

Honey

How wonderful - thanks for sharing :o