Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please On Photographs Of Children Asap

Hello all

I need a bit of advice please. Today I saw the journeys of the reception class and the teacher has put in photographs which include other children. I was a bit taken back as I have always taken photographs angling the camera so that only the child I want is in the photo or I chop the photo to remove any other children. I was a bit shocked to be honest looking at a journal and seeing lots of other children in it.

Please can you tell me if I am over reacting or should I as I feel say something about that not being aceptable.

Thanks in advance

G

I think that's fairly usual to be honest. Most records I see when moderating would be similar.

Cx

Thanks Catma for responding. Glad I didn't say anything then. G

i've always avoided putting in pictures of other children, or have chopped them off(as you say!) but since a recent thread on here i have changed this and now get parents to sign that it's ok to send these on to other settings...not had any issues as yet :o

Yes we obtain permission for photos of friendship groups, to be included in all the journals when children are to join us.

Nothing seems sadder than to blank out other children's faces.

Obviously when we have had children with child protection issues then we adapt accordingly.

Hi

i explain to each new parent that their child's photograph could be in another childs learning story.

They sign a form giving permission for this and as yet I have never had anyone say no.

I got the form from this forum i think

I have been told that I can't include photo's of other children in the learning journeys but I agree with the other comments that say playing with other children is very important and it's good to show this. Ours is a small setting and all the parents know each other anyway. I will take this back to my manager to discuss. Perhaps if we get parental consent then it would be acceptable.

Do people include the consent in the general registration forms or do you have a separate form?

We have a section on our enrolment form explaining that photos are taken during sessions and point out what these photos might be used for giving parents the choice to opt in or out if letting us include their children in photos they can be specific about what they do and do not want their children photographed for I haven't had any issues so far all parents have concerted to letting their child be included in other children's learning journeys

I can imagine these learning journey for some will be a treasured keep sake of their childhood and in 20 years time these children as adults looking back at these special moments remembering their friends in the photos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)