Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Kebabs - Definately Not Your Friday Night Ones !

Hi All ,

I thought i would share my thoughts on last nights Communicating and Connecting workshop , I'm sure many of you have attended one of these and if you have not, try to.

For some of us story telling and using props comes easily, if like me you have a drama background or just completely nuts!!but for others it is about confidence and learning new techniques , ideas etc

The story kebab involves no van on the side of the road or chilli sauce just lots of items that you have to hand , feathers, material,pennies , sticks , leaves , the list is endless to help represent characters in a story that is known or to creat a whole new story .

We are going to try it out tomorrow on a big scale on our first trip to the park.

I have just taken on the role of supervisor at a preschool where the staff have lost the enthusiasm and lacked guidance as there have been many issues due to staff changes , hopefully this and the trip will inspire them and open up a whole new world of ideas and hopefully stories that the children can create and develop.

Edited by lashes2508

Thats sounds really interesting. I love using props in stories and saw a lovely example a cople of years ago at our local PLA AGM. I can get quite bored listening to some people tell stories so if it holds me it'll hold a 3 year old :o

Thats sounds really interesting. I love using props in stories and saw a lovely example a cople of years ago at our local PLA AGM. I can get quite bored listening to some people tell stories so if it holds me it'll hold a 3 year old :o

[/quo

look up Katrice Horsley - she is the story teller laureate, absolutely fabulous , if you can get to one of her presentations you would be in for a real treat,

last nights one was organised by early years training

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)