Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ahhhh......bless !

we had a lovely example of creativity today, we had salt dough in our art area ( we are attempting salt dough decorations for the village church !) and i made some slime in the messy area.

the children had a great time making the salt dough by themselves,they found the rolling pins and some cutters etc -some made sausages, some made mountains (you can never have too many sauages and mountains decorating a church lol !!)

i tend to stand back and help if needed, well - i watched this little girl from the corner of my eye, she rolled the dough, formed it into a snake shape then curled it up.....she then found a paintbrush, and took some slime from the messy tray....i continued to watch without saying a word......she then painted the top of her saltdough shape with the slime until it was covered.

she then called me over .....told me she'd made a doughnut with icing on !!

bloomin fab !!!! thats why i love my job

ive now had to cook it....no idea what it will do in the oven, but we will all have a look at it in the morning !!

this was out first attempt at salt dough -and its still in the oven, i cooked a rice pud for snack today, then turned the oven off and popped the creations in, will have a look in the morning !!

our recipe was -

2 cups plain flour

3/4 cup water (may need a little more or less)

1 cup salt

tablespoon of cooking oil

dough came out lovely.

We make slime with cornflour

Use 1 part cornflour to 3parts water – boil the water and mix cornflour with a

little cold water into a thick paste – pour some of the boiling water onto the

cold mix and put it all into the pan – boil the mixture, stirring all the time until

the mixture is cooked – leave to cool

We make slime with cornflour

Use 1 part cornflour to 3parts water – boil the water and mix cornflour with a

little cold water into a thick paste – pour some of the boiling water onto the

cold mix and put it all into the pan – boil the mixture, stirring all the time until

the mixture is cooked – leave to cool

Thank you - will try that! x

our slime usually uses soap flakes and boiling water -but i couldnt find soap flakes so i grated 2 bars of soap, poured over boiling water and whisked it up - - not sure if it was right, but the children loved it the next morning.

but im def gonna try the cooked cornflour -sounds really cool !!

they are lovely those moments we were talking about owls last week and hedgegogs this and asking if they remember what we knew about these mammals - yes shout Neil they are nocturnal.

fantastic says i then Lana says do you know its a bit like father christmas he is nocturnal!

do you know i guess he is says i

they are lovely those moments we were talking about owls last week and hedgegogs this and asking if they remember what we knew about these mammals - yes shout Neil they are nocturnal.

fantastic says i then Lana says do you know its a bit like father christmas he is nocturnal!

do you know i guess he is says i

I agree Suer he is

This week was my garden hedgehogs didn't arrive I do hope they are sleeping for Christmas. :o I have so enjoyed watching them I am getting on in years now and its the first time I have ever seen a real one and I have touched them xD They made my evenings I so miss them now :( the children at pre-school have seen my pictures and they ask me so many questions they don't understand why there are no more photos :(

Guest youngrisers

hello

gloop (magic dough) can be made with cornflour, water and salt, but our children are into ice cubes with added bits such as rosemary and leaves, conkers and acorns, they love jelly too to play with and runny custard.... very thin solution.....

Our latest attempts are ballon shaped ice eggs with glitter, sequins and food colouring so pretty and messy watch them melt as you slowly add barcarb and more colouring. soap bubbles and now instant snow are popular too! roll on messy play activities in the new year alwats trying something new.....

Guest youngrisers
Never mind Sue, you have the christmas lunch to look forward to have so much to tell you :)

are you trying nells cafe again?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)