Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice On Thrush Please

Hi all

Does anyone have any different ideas for curing thrush, my mother-in-law is continuously on antibiotics so is also continuosly having thrush, tried the canneston and the pessary.

We have tried searching natural remedies and have live yoghurt which does not work.

any ideas would be grateful every time she goes back to the dr she gets more canneston.

thanks

try to cut out sugar and yeast products (especially white bread) (also mushrooms and wine!!) drink cranberry juice ...or take cranberry capsules.The problem with the antibiotics are that they will start the whole process off again...try taking acidophilus (sp?) either in tablet form or sprinkled on food...available from most health food shops, this should help to counteract the anti-b's. Goodluck ... :o

Wearing a skirt with no underwear whenever possible and washing the area with plain water several times a day followed by drying it very thoroughly with a fan helped me when I couldn't use any of the conventional treatments. The principle being that Thrush can only grow in warm, moist environments.

Err...

Hesitate to ask, but how are using the live yoghurt?

Sue

Can't add to the brilliant advice so far, soaps etc. aren't good in that area just seem to aggravate, everything as natural as possible, underwear etc., wear stockings rather than tights, no trousers for a while, or if she does, then linen ones.

I've always wondered about the yoghurt thing too, do you sit in it, apply it or eat it?

The yoghurt remedy is probably what you were trying not to think about - liberal topical application of natural, live yog - none of that strawberry lo-cal stuff - and it needs to be in all the right places to get to work. Theory is that the 'good' bacteria out compete the 'bad' fungus.

I would concur with all the other advice too.

Honey

I used to suffer a lot from thrush, but touch wood, have not had a serious attack for many years since I cut most carbs from my diet especially processed sugars. I starting eating a very high (but low fat ) protein diet and the thrush disappeared, if I fall from the wagon. i.e. if I go out for a meal I can feel the onset the next day.

you can also eat the yoghurt, helps neutralise any thrush which may be in the mouth and gut and gets transferred at end of the journey.. hence the always wipe front to back! Works better if used in both ways but eaten regularly even when there is no thrush present..

Also suggest check for oral thrush as this can be present without knowing and can affect the possibility of vaginal thrush..

and although not knowing the circumstances, any partner, if there is one, needs treatment as well.. they may not show any symptoms at all but can be a carrier...

as said clothes cotton, not tight, no tights, natural materials as much as possible..

If she hasn't tried the oral capsule and topical cream definitely don't rule that one out. It is the only combination that works for me. And I agree with the reducing refined sugars and carbs. It does seem to help a bit.

After a month on antibiotics I gave my daughter acidpohillus capsules (from Holland and Barrett) and their live yoghurt drinks. Her symptoms were greatly reduced after 48 hours although she carried on with the routine for a month and hasn't (fingers crossed!) suffered since - and that's 12 months ago.

Definitely worth a try!

Nona

Hi

I used to suffer ,a friend, a nurse, sent me a cutting from a medical journal featuring a piece on thrush and it said coloured toilet paper was one coarse . I was useing blue at the time to match the bathroom.(very 80s)

Use plain white now never had it again