Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Do You Select A Quote?

Like this! :o

Sorry Devonmaid - couldn't resist!

You just click on 'quote' and then click on 'reply' - simples! :(

Not sure if this is going to work - right now I'm 'in' the 'reply' box and it is showing ALL of the post and I only want to select PART of it! So I'm going to click on 'reply now' and see what happens!! xD

Not sure if this is going to work - right now I'm 'in' the 'reply' box and it is showing ALL of the post and I only want to select PART of it! So I'm going to click on 'reply now' and see what happens!! xD

SEE!! It didn't work :(:o

SO, What have I done wrong? I highlighted 'you just click on quote' , clicked on quote then 'add reply' - and got the whole quote! :(

An 'explanation for fools' needed!! :(

you can edit the quote in the post as you wish- so removing all but the bit you want to reply to....

OK Inge - now I'll do it your way!! Fingers crossed!

Mmm - still didn't work, did it?

The 'quote' box didn't come up!! did you remove the brackets either before and after as well?

:o:(xD

you have to be careful and ensure you keep the brackets in place while editing... as you can see you can add to the quote as well

do you know i was thinking yesterday that there are some people on this site who are brill at IT(i'm NOT including myself in this catagory) ...i wonder wether it would be worth starting a IT idiot section for all those daft questions you have always wanted to,but were too afraid to ask!!! :o ...the question i came up with yesterday...having finished my policies is "how can i number the pages consecutively if i am printing several policies one after the other?"...anyone know???

"how can i number the pages consecutively if i am printing several policies one after the other?"...anyone know???

I think you can set the page numbering to start at a particular number. So if you know policy one has four pages, you can set the next policy to start numbering at 5.

I'm not sure if there's a whizzy way to do it automatically though.

I DID IT!!

Thanks again, Inge! :o

Glad to have helped...

Can anyone remind me how you do multi posts?

(while we're having lessons!!! xD:(:(:( :wacko: )

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

is that like this many quotes in one post..

same as for one.. click quote on all those you want before reply to posts and they all come up in same order as in the thread...

i did same as Maz when doing the numbering, unless they were all put into one document where number pages worked ok .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)