Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Luck

hali

Haha that's funny Hali, the difference between boys and girls... My son has just dragged himself out of bed, flung on the closest, creased jeans and t shirt and is now lying on the settee with his hair stuck up all over the place watching family guy and when I ask him if he's ready to go I get the standard response... 'In a minute'!

I suppose it's a bit late to make the effort now tho haha

I just hope he does well. He's already got what he needs for college from last year so it's not too important but I just want him to do really well because I know he could, it's just whether or not he put in enough effort and he didn't really seem to!

I think today's another one of those days when you realise how frustrated your parents must have been when you were younger and didn't care that much about anything important!

Anyway, waffle over, I'm gonna insist that we go now, I can't take the suspense any more!

Good luck to all the GCSE-ers out there xxx

Facebook has been full of people worrying about their children's results and wishing them well. No doubt hali will be along later to tell us how Louise got on! ;-)

Good luck everyone - hope the results are good and that they take your young people where they want to go.

Thank you all - Lou did very well 3 as, 6 bs a c and a distintion - we are all very proud and excited - am sure i am not the only one :oxD:(

Excellent news! :(

Haven't heard a thing yet from my Godson - let's hope that he is too busy celebrating! :wacko: :(

Edited by sunnyday

Congratulations to your daughter Hali. Having felt OK after the exams my daughter's doubts set in and she convinced herself she hadn't done very well. We kept saying she'll be fine and she was with a's, b's and c's so a real confidence boost having 10 GCSE's under her belt. One very happy bunny! She's going on to 6th form do drama, English, psychology and social care.

so glad they did well.. worth a celebration...

but it did make me think , both of you saying they wee staying on to 6th form... don't have 6 forms here.. schools all end at GCSE level and they all move on to local colleges.. so have already had the checking them out, see the courses they do, making choices, applying for a place.. etc.. ready to start again for HE..

and then mixing with a whole new intake , environment and all that goes with it.. around here they even have a freshers day...

just shows how education experiences vary depending on where you live.

Congratulations to your daughter Hali. Having felt OK after the exams my daughter's doubts set in and she convinced herself she hadn't done very well. We kept saying she'll be fine and she was with a's, b's and c's so a real confidence boost having 10 GCSE's under her belt. One very happy bunny! She's going on to 6th form do drama, English, psychology and social care.

More excellent news! :o

(Still nothing from young Sam xD )

Well done to all those who got their hard earned results today (and the poor parents who stressed alongside them xD )

My daughter is off to 6th Form to do psychology, sociology, english and music.

She got her results.... she got an A, 5 B's, a C and a A/B in her higher level Diploma which is equal to 7 GCSE's.... and was a bit disappointed :o

Took several hours of parent/daughter chats and a text lecture from a friend who's a Headteacher before she accepted them as the great results they are - particularly as her attendance for year 11 was 81% after having her appendix removed last August and 3 months of adverse reactions to medication afterwards.

We've celebrated since.... boy did I enjoy my glass of wine with tea tonight :(

and to think we can do it all again next year for AS levels..... and the year after for A levels...... pass the wine bottle, quick!!!!

Nona

What great results Bridger and Nona! Congratulations.

My boys went on to college after school so this is my first experience of A Levels with my three, and my last of GCSE's I reminded myself as I waited for my daughter to collect her results (wasn't allowed in to the hall).

I enjoyed my glass of wine too this evening - just beginning to wind down now.

Congratulations again to you all.

Wow bridger you must be so proud!!

My boy got an A*, an A then lots of Bs and some Cs. After his nonchalance he seemed a bit disappointed with his results but I'm happy with them. I know he could have done better but then again I know I could have done better with my GCSEs!

It was really annoying that he only got a pass in his physics and fails for chemistry and biology coz his science teacher lost his course work (again.. long story) and he chose today to tell me about it so it's prob too late for me to do anything about it. I'm gonna complain to his school about the teacher but can't imagine that they'll be able to do anything about his mark now. He's got what he needs for college so that's what's important but it's still annoying!

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards... he's enrolling tomorrow for AS levels in psychology, law, maths and computing :)

missblinx ...do complain...they may well be able to take mock exam info into account or course work that he has done.My niece had a problem with her a level last year due to the teacher teaching the wrong curriculum! her grade was raised after the complaint...so give it a go or he can resit later in the year if that doesnt work.

missblinx ...do complain...they may well be able to take mock exam info into account or course work that he has done.My niece had a problem with her a level last year due to the teacher teaching the wrong curriculum! her grade was raised after the complaint...so give it a go or he can resit later in the year if that doesnt work.

Gosh thats awful - do complian - well done everyone sounds like we were all on the vino last night x :o

I agree - complain!

My daughter's English teacher lost her coursework TWICE :o The second time was a whole terms work and Lex was told she'd have to re-do it.... I threw a massive fit and told them in no uncertain terms that she wasn't going to (she'd just returned to school after her op and had enough on her plate) I told them I'd contact the exam board and Ofsted and ask them to intervene...suddenly the school could contact the exam board and ask them to award a grade based on previous work. I have my suspicions that they used Lex's surgery rather than the teacher's incompetence as the excuse but either way she didn't have top repeat the work.

You have nothing to lose!

Nona

Edited by Guest

It's not just the fact that she lost the coursework that riles me, it's also that she lied about it. The first time was at the start of yr 10 just before she went on maternity leave. She told my son that she'd thrown it away because it was so bad it wasn't even worth marking! He told the teacher covering her maternity leave what she'd said and she happened to find it under a box in the cupboard. When she marked it, it was all excellent!

This time she said that he'd never handed it in but he insists he did and I believe him (well I wouldn't believe her after last time would I?!) and at his last parents' evening he was 'on track' which I'm sure he wouldn't have been if he hadn't handed in any coursework for 2 thirds of the course!

Last time I didn't complain in the end because he was supposed to be keeping the cover teacher until he left but then towards the end of year 11 she went on maternity leave so the original teacher came back again.

I will be taking it further this time though.

Thank you all for your support x

Edited by Guest

It's not just the fact that she lost the coursework that riles me, it's also that she lied about it. The first time was at the start of yr 10 just before she went on maternity leave. She told my son that she'd thrown it away because it was so bad it wasn't even worth marking! He told the teacher covering her maternity leave what she'd said and she happened to find it under a box in the cupboard. When she marked it, it was all excellent!

This time she said that he'd never handed it in but he insists he did and I believe him (well I wouldn't believe her after last time would I?!) and at his last parents' evening he was 'on track' which I'm sure he wouldn't have been if he hadn't handed in any coursework for 2 thirds of the course!

Last time I didn't complain in the end because he was supposed to be keeping the cover teacher until he left but then towards the end of year 11 she went on maternity leave so the original teacher came back again.

I will be taking it further this time though.

Thank you all for your support x

On a similar vein, my daughter only just told me that her French teacher said to the whole class that my daughter was the only one who would get a C in her exams. She got a B and I would have been delighted with a C (having got a D myself and being bitterly disappointed) but for a teacher who is supposed to be nurturing and boosting confidence to say such things, it beggers belief.

Thankfully she had a fantastic French teacher in middle school.

My daughter had many good teachers and I reminded her that she should thank them for pushing her to achieve her best, and that as in all walks of life you meet people like her French teacher. Somehow though these kinds of comments stay with you!