Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Best Advice You've Ever Been Given

Rea

"that's not high on my list of priorities for today"

Reminds me of a 'fridge magnet I saw once.

"I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either".

Reminds me of a 'fridge magnet I saw once.

"I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either".

Oh I will save that one up - I'm sure Mr S. will be delighted when I use that one! :o:(

P.S. My favourite fridge magnet says 'Real women don't have hot flushes, they have power surges'! xD

I bought my son a key ring because it suited him 100%. 'I smile because I have no idea what's going on'.

We got a fridge magnet for hubby which has a picture of a PC saying 'Hello, this is your computer speaking. You have no idea what you're doing do you?'

Mine is 'Cleaning the house when the children are growing is like shovelling snow when it's still snowing!'

That's one of my favourite quotes and Unfortunately my children are now grown so I've no excuse for the clutter any more

'Good enough is good enough' (I'm no longer a perfectionist wanting things perfect)

Pardon the sad theme of the next one, but 'The graveyard is full of indispensible people.' - This was what a colleague told me and one which helped me when I was trying to rush my recovery after serious surgery in order to get back to work (Must have been mad or it was the medicine!) It really has helped me put life into perspective (not quite at the time) and helps me remember to do this and keep that work/ life balance.

Final one 'You can't replace your family but you can replace your job' - from a colleague who decided it was enough and time to move on when she had to spend more time doing work than with her family. She is very happily working outside of school and is spending more time with her family!

And of course, Thumper's daddy "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

Aw Cait you beat me to it !! xD Thanks for reminding me though were I heard it !! :o

I say that all the time...had no idea where I heard it though!

'Good enough is good enough' (I'm no longer a perfectionist wanting things perfect)

Pardon the sad theme of the next one, but 'The graveyard is full of indispensible people.' - This was what a colleague told me and one which helped me when I was trying to rush my recovery after serious surgery in order to get back to work (Must have been mad or it was the medicine!) It really has helped me put life into perspective (not quite at the time) and helps me remember to do this and keep that work/ life balance.

Final one 'You can't replace your family but you can replace your job' - from a colleague who decided it was enough and time to move on when she had to spend more time doing work than with her family. She is very happily working outside of school and is spending more time with her family!

And on the same theme

......When your sitting on you death bed you won't look back on life and think "I wish I had spent more time at work"

On the theme of fridge magnets I saw

"You can't frighten me. I've got CHILDREN!"

:( Love it! :(

I have a fridge magnet (which I have been known to throw in the direction of Mr S) that says...

'I've got one nerve left, and you're getting on it!'

:o :wacko: xD:(

On the theme of fridge magnets I saw

"You can't frighten me. I've got CHILDREN!"

A parent gave me a keyring that says....

"Caution!! Woman under the influence of children!"

Nona