Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Didn't Get Ta3 Job Gutted!

Well i went for TA3 Job today.i went in did an observation on a child and planned next steps.i then did an activity the teacher was shocked though I was going to make playdough.We first mixed blue and yellow to make green then added the ingredients.The children got invlved mixing talking about the materials what we needed to add talked about the colours how it felt shapes.They seemed to love it asked the teacher could they do it every day.The interview asked what i knew about phonics,describe the perfect TA3 something I was proud of.I did get nervous to be honest in the interview.Well i didn't get job gutted.When i was last in school,teacher gave me a glowing report just can't do interviews.what do you have to do to get in a school these days.There was 300 aplicants for each job so i suppose i did well to get to interview.If i want feedback i can ring so gutted at the minute lol!!

Eclmmcca, I know the disappointment is hard to bear, but you need to to take a deep breath, and then when ready dust yourself down and try again. If you feel that the interview phase let you down, then try and find a friend or colleague to give you some practice sessions. Do ring for feedback when you feel up to it as it will help you determine the areas that you need to improve.

Don't be too hard on yourself, with perseverence and self belief we can all do amazing things.

I am sorry to hear you didn't get the job you were after, you must be feeling so very disappointed right now.

I would ring for feedback. It might be helpful and it would show how professional you are and hopefully stand you in good stead for a future post.

Good luck x

TA jobs are notoriously difficult to get into around here, so console yourself with that fact.

I second (or third, or fourth!) the need to get feedback from the interview, otherwise how will you know what areas you need to improve on? I strongly believe that things happen for a reason, so just because this one wasn't for you, doesn't mean that you'll never get there.

Sorry for your bad news, sending a virtual hug your way.

Where I live TA jobs are often taken by teachers with children of their own for whom TA hours can be more suitable. I think TA would be a lovely job but I just know the competition from more highly qualified people would put me out of the running.

Best of luck next time.

Honey

You must be so dissappointed and I've been there not getting the job it sucks! but I would say that as a teacher I think making playdough is a fab activity to do with the children and I would have been thrilled if a TA doing an activity at my school for interview did that......if the teacher was shocked that you chose to do this maybe that tells you that she is perhaps not the kind of teacher you would like to work with?!

Keep trying, you'll get there

Deb

if the teacher was shocked that you chose to do this maybe that tells you that she is perhaps not the kind of teacher you would like to work with?!

I like your style, busybeedeb - always look on the bright side! The right job for you is out there, eclmmcca. You just need to find it, and when you do the feedback from this interview will help you improve your skills!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)