Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Laser Eye Surgery

kristina

I would dearly love to have it done but can't afford the cost of it. I certainly wouldn't qualify for any cheap discounts.

If you want to know more about the Watchdog report you can read about it here.

Well I have at last been for a consultation with Ultralase today (so please excuse typing errors as vision still a little blurred!!)

Very professional and in depth answered all my questions, they offer 3 levels of treatment and although slightly dearer they do offer a good financial package. Deffered payment for 9 months and then 3 years interest free just incase anyone was considering!!

As I am going on holiday in 4.5 weeks and you cannot swim for the first 4 weeks it does look like I am going to have to wait until after the holidays, but I am leaning more towards Ultralase as they did seem more professional and were happy to discuss the pros and cons. Will let you all know when I have had it done!!

Kris

There are 3 grades of surgery with ultralase I can't have the cheapest because of my perscription so I can have Ultra Plus for £3990 or Ultra Elite for £4990! They have said the difference between the two is like watching tv in digital or HD!! So as it's my eyesight obviously I would want the best, so although the financial package is good it is still an awful lot of money!!

Kris

I could never understand that pricing system Kris which is why I never went to them for a quote. As you say, of course you want the best treatment available for your eyes, so deciding on a 'bronze' level is just crazy...

For what it's worth mine cost £3,000 and I think the treatment is pretty identical. Hang on for a couple of weeks at least Kris, and if they call you tell them you do want the best treatment - from what I have read in various places they will almost certainly drop the price considerably.

I think you're wise to do so - and I've heard they'll do bigger discounts if you say you're only interested in the gold star (the only one you should be interested in) but can't afford it. I think they rely on people's enthusiasm to charge over the odds but still make a perfectly good profit by reducing by a big percentage. Hold fast for a while - especially since you're not going to get it done by the holiday now so the urgency is out of the equation. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I would update you all. I had my eyes done yesterday afternoon and all went well, been back this morning for my check up and could read the bottom line!! :o Really worthwhile I'm even back to driving! Yipee!!

Kris

(And I could read the clock this morning xD )

Well done xD:( :( Its so weird isnt it! - Im three years on and its fabulous and liberating...get some nice sunnies now!

Course it would be nice to have some sun to wear them! :o

If only I was brave enough!

Glad your op went well.

Great news about your eyes!

I wish I was brave enough too Sue. My eyesight is shockingly bad. I'm highly short-sighted. I even get free eye checks on the NHS because the level of correction my eyes need is so high. If I went for surgery I have a feeling it would be a major thing with much higher risks as they'd need to do some much more radical reshaping, so I daren't go!

Have to say all going well still, no problems to report other than the night guards I have to wear! It's a case of one size fits all and they are rather large and uncomfortable and the tape to stick them on is so sticky I reckon I could wax my eyebrows with it!

Kris

Have to say all going well still, no problems to report other than the night guards I have to wear! It's a case of one size fits all and they are rather large and uncomfortable and the tape to stick them on is so sticky I reckon I could wax my eyebrows with it!

Kris

Night guards? I'm intrigued! What are these for and why do you have to wear them? Is it just to stop you rubbing your eyes on the covers or pillow whilst they heal?