Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Scanner Art

"Some of us may have fond memories of photocopying parts of our anatomy in the office in days gone by (do people still do that?), but the fun and games don’t end there, as the humble domestic scanner is an important piece of art equipment these days."

so starts this idea on using a scanner for art projects

but this site give so much more..well worth an explore..

OH NO! Thanks Inge, what a fantastic site, but bang go my summer holidays again! Still, it's the only chance I get to be creative with anything other than paperwork these days!!!!

"Some of us may have fond memories of photocopying parts of our anatomy in the office in days gone by (do people still do that?),

I wonder if anyone has ever actually seen anyone doing that in real life? I can't imagine the amount of alcohol one would need before this would be considered to be a good idea!

The website is great - fantastic idea! Thanks Inge. Might have to get the children on that next week!

We did something along similar lines for mothers' day cards. We set up four white trays and on those we gave the children the choice of coloured card to put in, they then used what ever resources they liked to make a picture with, we had selections of feathers, beads, shells, etc. they could mix and match or just use one particular type of resource. We then photographed their art work and when it was printed, used it as the picture on front of their Mothers' Day card.

This transient type of artwork is great for keeping some costs down! Our children love nothing more than collaging using huge amounts of resources and glue.

• 2 months later...

Love this idea and am thinking that I could somehow use it when making powerpoints... scanning in things that can then be animated... hmmm the possibilities!! Can't wait to have a play!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)