Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Record Of Transfer

hello hope you can all help

after a few years of wishy washy LEA records of transfers we want to devise our own.

Having spoken to locals schools and asked what they want to see. I would love to know what you all do.

What information you supply, apart from the obvious EYFS goals, do you include photo's? letters and sounds? well being and involvement levels etc

thanking you

east sussex have summative assessments which you may be able to find online somewhere. basically it is separate to the learning journey which the parents get. It is based around the 6 areas of learning & has to be completed at 24m, 36, 50m or transfer to school. There is an area to put a short summary for each of the areas of learning & you colour code the age range the child is secure in. After each completion you record what the child says they like to do & then talk to the parent who also writes a short comment. This then goes to the primary school they are going to. There is also a page for school transfer based on their early learning goals.

Not a lover of the old Kent's Unique Child then Suer?! :o For the last couple of years we have kept it very simple. But this year we shall revert back to the old style Record of Transfer Kent used to do and add a couple of extras on with the children's voices. We also used to send as a little gift for the teacher a few photos in a booklet the children had made showing what they liked to do most at pre-school, they could decorate the booklet how they liked.

Not a lover of the old Kent's Unique Child then Suer?! xD For the last couple of years we have kept it very simple. But this year we shall revert back to the old style Record of Transfer Kent used to do and add a couple of extras on with the children's voices. We also used to send as a little gift for the teacher a few photos in a booklet the children had made showing what they liked to do most at pre-school, they could decorate the booklet how they liked.

That made me smile.......wonder if any of us 'Kenters' actually use it? :o

I used the old style Record of Transfer last year - really don't know why they ever changed this........Sue - I include a line about Well-being and Involvement in the PSED section....

Love the idea of the photo booklet Panders! :(

here is a link to the new ones we have been issued -

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=99435

seem ok so far, we use them as a working document -highlight the areas they have acheived as they acheive it colour coded for each term) , so the reception teacher can see how the child has progressed during their time with us.

we only had them in Sept -so not sure how the reception teacher will feel about them, but they do seem a little better than our previous record. Of course we also back the records up with a meeting with the teacher (if possible).

You guessed right hated them, dont like the Unique story either. We devised our own last year.

Have a few ideas but wanted to look at others

We do lovely learning journals and advised parents to show these to the reception teachers but have found out since that some schools kept this?? Not happy with that as they belong to the child and parent.

I will have a good look at the suggestions, thanks for everyone who replied

We always tell the parents that it would be nice to show it to the teacher when she does her home visit, but do stress that it's theirs to keep. I think it's awful that schools can just keep them. By the time parents get them back goodness knows what state they'll be in!

I am at a nusery based under lancashire, and have just attended a course based on transition 2 years ago we had to fill in the preschool profiles then they stopped. Our early years advisors have just presented us with a new transition document that we have to do it more like a ticky chart i will have a go at downloading mite be a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)