Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding Stopped!

Hi all

Well heard it all now.

Been on a course today and was told that they are still pushing forward that ALL staff in settings will be level 3 qualified.

So get this......playworker at OOSC is level 2, finally got her to start level 3 playwork course sept. She has just received a letter from the LEA to say "because of funding cuts and time constraints there is no longer an option to complete the course before the end of the financial year. All work must be handed in by feb 18. It is important that you receive certification for the work you have done. If funding continues we will let you know"

So what use is that especvially as I cant find another provider that does the lev 3 playwork! Have asked if we can fund her is there anyway she can complete the course. Just shocked they can stop a course half way through. She has already told me that half the people didnt turn up to class this week because of letter.

Fuming!! :o

I've never heard of a course being cancelled half way through because funding has stopped. Most courses are paid for up front, surely?

I'm not surprised you're fuming. The policy they've adopted seems highly illogical, I think.

I know! I have emailed the training provider who sent the letter and I have also emailed early years at the local education authority to say how disappointed i am )the course was booked through them)

At course today we were all complaining how can they say that all staff need to be level 3 when they are now talking about stopping funding to do training from march next year. As a charity we cannot afford to pay for it.

We are ok for qualified staff as we stand but it had taken this girl a while to do this. It wont take much for her to just give up!

I had a student a few years back whose training provider went bust half way through her training. Her funding had already gone to the trainer and that was it. We had to find another company willing to take her on and pay for her to complete

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)