Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Are Coming, Help!

Devondaisy

First of all, don't panic! Do a quick forum search to see what others who have been through it recently have said (I know there have been threads within the last couple of months or so!).

When I had mine there was a lot of 'what would you do if...', 'what does your policy say about...' and 'how do you...' type of questions, so its a bit like an interview really but in my experience Mrs Ofsted isn't there to catch you out, and if you don't understand anything they'll be likely to rephrase and help you out a bit.

Good luck - let us know how it goes!

Look through the main EYFS booklet and make sure you know all about the different areas, e.g. safety, welfare, child protection. Also think through how you ensure learning and progression, that kind of thing.

You will be fine, I was okay and I'm not even a practitioner!! (I'm chair of committee.)

Only 6 weeks!

I had my interview on my first day in the job. So a lot of my answers were "well I haven't had chance to read that policy, but this is what I'd do..." :o

Mrs O seemed to think I'm suitable, however!

Thanks everyone, I passed!

The questions were around policies, eg what would you do if a child was not collected, was lost etc. Recruitment, staff training and meetings, inclusion, safeguarding, and then planning and assessment. Nothing too taxing and she was very supportive. Glad it's over though!!