Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Get Ready For Children In Need 2010

mundia

We are going dotty for Children in Need this year! (as some of you have already noticed on the forum logo). We have decided to do a limerick thread as we haven’t done that for a while, and it proved very popular when we did it in 2006, and as our summer quiz in 2009. We would also like to beat the score for the number of posts on the Children in Need limerick thread, which was 269. The idea is to have some fun so you don’t have to donate if you don’t wish to, and I’m sure many of you will be doing something yourselves.

Mundia (oh dear, that's me!!) will be playing a game of hide and seek with Pudsey Bear, and Beau will be doing one of her famous quizzes, and later on in the evening Happymaz will be hosting an event in the chat room to see how many members we can get into there at once!

There will be lots of lovely prizes on offer throughout the day including FSF mugs, badges, books on early years issues, and even three £20 cash prizes!

Make sure you pop in here on Friday and join the fun!

And here's a taste of what to expect, courtesy of the lovely JaquieL.

The Forum has prizes galore,

Including those mugs we adore.

So come to the Forum,

Abandon decorum,

Your rhyming will fill us with awe.

And as always the place to donate is here.

Oh! I won't be able to take part, I'm afraid, as I'll be doing my usual stint on the C.I.N phonelines........................and taking your money if you call in!

Good for you Narnia and you can be sure that we'll be carrying on with this all weekend, so you may get time to have a go.

As part of the team I can't win a prize.....but don't tell Steve, I have an FSF pen on my desk right now that I am using :(:o:(

Anyway...here is my attempt;

Every year there is Children in Need

And the mods have a fine time indeed

This year they're all spotty

And bound to send you dotty

But great fun you must all concede

Have fun all xD

Sue

and later on in the evening Happymaz will be hosting an event in the chat room to see how many members we can get into there at once!

Yippee!! Must remember to forewarn my hubby and daughter... they were most alarmed by my chuckling out loud while I was on the laptop last time xD A fine time was had by all in the Chat Room :o

Look forward to "seeing" you all there - I can "BEARLY" wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nona

Edited by Guest

Yippee!! Must remember to forewarn my hubby and daughter... they were most alarmed by my chuckling out loud while I was on the laptop last time :( A fine time was had by all in the Chat Room :o

Nona

I can see I will have to resurrect my 'groan' smilie! xD

has anyone found pudsey tshirts etc?? There appears to be a lack of merchandise this year (though I admit I'm leaving it a little late in the day!)

That was a very paw pun, nona. You'll have to raise your game for tomorrow night, - there'll be Stieff competition! :o

I am going out tomorrow evening but will get back as soon as I can so that chatfest can begin. There may be the odd prize to win, so I hope you'll wait up and come and join the fun!

As for the dress code anything goes really, but we have to remember the first rule of chat is that what happens in chat stays in chat.

I'm making a personal bet on how long it takes for the Two Ronnies Syndrome to make an appearance, and how long it takes to beat last year's record for the most people in chat at the same time. First I need to check how many we managed last time!