Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wills & Katie

Panders

I know what you mean..

Just put the news on and theyre already talking about the possible dress designer she'll use and who'll be on the guest list.

Good luck to them and all that but for goodness sake, there is a world of news out there :o

Edited by Rea

:o Hadn't seen or heard any news..........picked up my (very) elderly mum to take her out for lunch........

Mum: Have you heard about the wedding?

Me: Oh what wedding, who's getting married?

Mum: William and Kate

Me: (Mentally running through family members :() Sorry mum - who?

Mum: William and Kate

Me: Mum are they people I actually know?

Mum: Of course you do dear....

Me: Hmmmm - not family....

Mum: Oh my goodness no!

Me: Well friends, what, you will have to enlughten me mum

Mum: For goodness sake - Prince William

Me: (finally falling in) Oh right - brilliant!

xD:( :(

or - 2 old ladies sitting on the beach when a very well endowed male nudist ran past, one old lady had a stroke, the other couldn't reach!

I think your mum might be a bit like mine Sunnyday - they watch a little too much t.v. and begin to believe that they are "family" members - mum always knows their first names but rarely knows their surname, as in - did I know that Philip and Holly were having a baby next year - that took a very similar conversation to yours to get to the bottom of it.

I remember being woken by the phone at an unearthly hour by my mum, sobbing at the other end of the line. My dad wasn't well at the time so naturally I assumed the worst. After a lot of 'oh Cait,sob, oh Cait' during which time I was almost insensible myself, I finally got out of her that Diana had died.

I think your mum might be a bit like mine Sunnyday - they watch a little too much t.v. and begin to believe that they are "family" members - mum always knows their first names but rarely knows their surname, as in - did I know that Philip and Holly were having a baby next year - that took a very similar conversation to yours to get to the bottom of it.

Phillip and Holly? - are they people I actually know Panders? :(

:oxD:(

Forgot one of mum's best lines: Of course, we will have to start calling her Katherine now! :(

Philip and Holly having a baby?

As a child I always assumed Anne and Nick were married!

Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on This Morning ITV!! She is having a baby, her second, but Philip Schofield is not the father!

Edited by Panders

I am aware of this - however Keith Lemon thinks they're married. But then, who knows what goes on in his head!

Sadly I think we could all hazard a guess at what is going on in his head, PPP!

I just read on twitter that Wills has given Kate his mum's engagement ring. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, given how doomed that marriage turned out to be!

I love a royal wedding - although I'm sure we'll all be heartily sick of the media coverage by then!

Not just their wedding if she wears it forever. His Mum will be there anyway. I left an empty chair at my wedding for a much loved Great Aunt, who is no longer with us, but my evil Aunt decided she didn't like the table she was on and sat in it!

Off on a tangent again, but I am looking forward to the big day!

Apparently Wills is reported to have said that it is his way of including his mother in his wedding...

As understandable as that is - he could have worn it on a chain or something - surely Katy deserves her own ring. There must be something else he could have given her that was his mother's which she could have "borrowed" for the day.

Perhaps she wanted it - I imagine it would have been discussed. We don't know what's gone on, I imagine she has positive thoughts about Diana and is well aware that she would have inherited it - and will inherit a lot of other things for her lifetime - in the future.

I raise my glass to them and wish them as much happiness in their marriage as I've had in mine.

Now, if only the press will leave them alone to get on with it ................ already there's been the comment that she's going to be the most photographed woman in the world.

Not sure I'd like a second hand ring either, isnt part of getting engaged showing the ring off to your friends? No surprise there is there?

I hope she agreed to it because she wanted to and not because she felt obliged to. Wills could have had it made into a tie pin or something.

Edited by Rea

Now, if only the press will leave them alone to get on with it ................ already there's been the comment that she's going to be the most photographed woman in the world.

I couldn't believe the barrage of flash lights while they were giving their interview - how on earth they managed that is beyond me.

Wills could have had it made into a tie pin or something.

Some tie pin! :o It is an iconic ring isn't it - I remember the rush to buy similar engagement rings when Diana revealed hers to the assembled press.

Let's hope the Kate (or did I hear Radio 4 call her Catherine earlier?) can look forward to many happy years of wearing Diana's ring in a blissful and mutually supportive marriage.

I am very happy for the couple, however, some of my first thoughts were

oh I wonder if we'll get a day off

His mother's engagement ring - ew!

How much is this going to cost us (with the olympics the following year!!)

Don't get me wrong, I love a royal "do" and all the hype and pomp and ceremony that goes with it (I was a WRAF in a previous life and just love marching lol!!!) and I know it will probably lift the nation's spirits; however it will cost alot of money..........................

Good luck to them, especially to her, from 1 ex-military wife to a soon to be military wife :o