Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Broken Leg

wellerkaren

Oops! poor you, hope it's not too painful?

Lots of rest and reading I'd suggest..... if you're REALLY bored you could volunteer for SEF completion duties for your FSF buddies! I think you'd get a few takers for that service :o

Nona

Oh! Poor you...... Never been in this situation so this is clearly guesswork. Would a rubber ring work to stop a 'numb bum'? Or cushions aplenty under and around your leg?

I hope it's not too painful. To relieve the boredom I suggest that you study your EYP books in one hand and have the FSF homepage open on your laptop!!! xD

Other than that perhaps Nona's suggestion re SEFs may be a possibility!!! :(

Hope the time goes by quickly for you and everything heals nicely.....take care! :o

Ouchy. Not broken anything myself but I have been off work for the last 3 days with an ear infection. Daytime tv is a little boring, I must agree. If my brain would stop spining I would do some reading for my degree. I really need to get on with some degree work, got deadlines to meet grr. I must email uni tomorrow to say that I am not going to uni on Friday.

Hope you don't get too bored.

Beth

Oh poor you I know how frustrating it can be once you are over the initial shock. I broke mine years ago and had it plated and pinned (you can feel the heads on the screws :o) I got really bored because the rest of me was quite well and capable, and I really missed working. I was quite fearful moving around at first but soon regained confidence. I also kept it up for some of the day which stopped my foot swelling. Not being able to drive was also very frustrating. If I ventured out on my crutches there was no-one to visit as all my friends were working. If it rained the crutches slipped on smooth surfaces when they were wet so watch out for that! I ended up re-writing several school schemes of work and decorating the downstairs of my house on my bottom! Keeps you fit and slim if you can do something active and bottom shuffling is good exercise.

I was lucky that I didn't need a full plaster because the plate was holding my bones in place. I just had a half plaster which I put on in the morning to remind me not to use the leg. The hardest thing was putting my undies on, but the best thing was that I could take the plaster off to have a bath...bliss.

I hope all goes well for you, and the time will soon pass after these early days of discomfort!

Do you have one of these new, and very fetching, coloured plasters?

Hope things are ok.

Can I join you in sick note corner? :o Just been signed off 2 weeks off, because I have some side effects of the ear drops I have taken.

Ah welll I shall have to get on with my degree work.

Beth

I know have my nice pink cast, not looking forward to the time off as I am already going crazy with bordom. I am reviewing the nursery policies and procedures so I am sure that will keep me busy for a few day. I don't know what I would do without the forum and of course uni work

Oh you poor thing! And Beth, not nice! Hope you're both on the mend soon. I've been in A&E today after falling at work - newly renovated outside area and the steps around our pond were wet.... Nothing more than a nasty sprain though. Went back into school on crutches and three of my girls mysteriously have sore ankles now!!

Oh my lovely children, they've been such sweethearts today, offering to fetch me things, asking if I'm feeling ok, do I want them to call my mum to say I'm ok, bless them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hows the broken leg going? Hope your getting better.

I have some good news, I have finally been allowed to go back to work for a week before half term. Then another 3 weeks after half term before I go off to have my operation. Yippppeeeee. Although then it will be another week off work again.

Beth