Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Core Book List

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find a core book list for 2-5 year olds please. I'm sure a ready made list must excist somewhere.

We will be a bilingual setting so dual language books will be a definate but I have some help with that side of things. (They wont only be one language)

I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for!

Any ideas or links greatly appreicated. :o

Rumble in the Jungle

Down by the Cool of the Pool

You Choose

Cheese and Tomato Spider

Actually - thinking about it - we've done this before..........hmmm - think that we were celebrating Maz reaching 5000 or 6000 posts!

Need someone extra special - CAIT - to come along and add a link! :o

We have about 40% of our children with English as 2nd Language, and almost all of them have a strong preference for Walking Through the Jungle. I must admit our current copy is English only, but we've had dual language versions too.

I'd heard this as well- something along the lines of so many traditional tales 3 pigs etc, poss hungry caterpillar and some rhyme books and songs.

It was talked about during school transition chats so maybe reception class teachers may know?

Ours have preferences for rhyming books, Julia Donaldson is the key author, anything to do with animals and anything a little bit 'gruesome' 3 pigs bring hunted by the wolf etc!!

Edited by gingerbreadman

Lots of great ideas! I had a look at the web link - forgotten the name, there is a nursery set but I can't seem to open the actual list of books!

I also had a look at the list created/started by Maz!!! WOW, quite something! I'm not sure what I would have put as I've been out of a setting for 7 months and can't think, but I'm surprised no one put Three Billy Goats Gruff.

No I just need to find out what the book budget is :o

• 5 years later...

I was searching for a core book list for 3-5's several of the above named ones are what i imagine to be included.

Do you still agree with the titles listed as this post was several years ago?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)