Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

For Those Of Us Not Yet At That Certain Age

and batfink! "My wings are like a shield of steel!!"

I have 'cat among the pigeons' on my turntable as we speak. Not the most attractive of chaps but I love their voices when they weren't doing the daft warbly bits.

Touche Turtle and Dum Dum!

Potsworth and Company

The Smoggies

There used to be a cartoon called Jem - she was a pop star with a friend who was in her band, called Kimber. Their enemy band were the Misfits. I had the dolls and the tape - still remember the song now! They had some mullets going on!

Does anyone remember "Dolly darlings" I had three of those - they must be in the loft I suppose ....

Oh, and Tressy - the forerunner of Sindy! Turn a key in her back and her hair grows!

Dexter Fletcher - he's been in loads of programmes/films but one of his first was Bugsy Malone!

#We coulda been anything that we wanted to be...

Guest tinkerbell

Did anyone watch 'alias smith and jones' Pete Duel now that is definitely for ladies of a certain age!!!

FAB 208

Tinkerbell

From fear of sounding like uncle Albert "during the war" id like to say thanksto everyone who added to this thread, im sure you will agree there are so many good memories, maybe when we are at the certain age we will have so many more to add and im sure will go on forever, like the wise ladies thread has done so nicely :oxD

From fear of sounding like uncle Albert "during the war" id like to say thanksto everyone who added to this thread, im sure you will agree there are so many good memories, maybe when we are at the certain age we will have so many more to add and im sure will go on forever, like the wise ladies thread has done so nicely :oxD

:( :( :( The 'whippersnappers' strike back! :wacko:

Taking it back to things more around my age group...

I remember Pigeon Street, what about Bertha, (Bertha! She's a wonderful machine!) and Mr Ben?

Also does anyone on here remember a program called Maxine? It wasn't one of the classics, in fact it was probably a bit naff, but no one else seems to remember and I honestly haven't imagined it :o It was animated and shown on Saturday mornings. She was a tv reporter and looked rather like a Barbie doll, and her boyfriend looked rather like a blonde Ken; every week something would happen like a mystery or a sabotage and she would have to solve it. The theme tune went "Maxine, Maxine, a girl on the go! Maxine, Maxine got her own TV show!" Anyone?

If I see a picture Kariana - I'm sure it would come back to me! Apparently I loved a cartoon called Kissyfur - parents it was my favourite as a toddler - cannot remember it at all though!

Reading the whippersnappers posts reminds me of oldest son's favourites (he's 26). He loved The Flumps - a family of fluffy balls on legs I seem to remember! He was a devotee of Bertha - in fact he didn't care for cartoons, but loved puppet type programmes - Portland Bill, Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, Button Moon etc.

Now middle son, now 23 would have watched Rod, Jane and Freddy morning noon and night.

Well, I think this one will cover both threads...

Sooty - what a bear! I still chuckle now at the thought of him gaining Corbet's attention by banging on a surface then whispering in Corbet's ear. Also, Sweep's phrasing when he squeaked!

Oh yes, we used to go to the Sooty show if it was in town. Sweep has the ability to make me weep with laughter - also saw a very naughty Sweep on Naughtiest Blunders the other evening - he swore when he dropped one of the props!

I was going to leave this thread alone but then i rememberd Alice Mack the American girl who turned into a liquid, also saturday mornings when it was Motor mouth, before that it was No 73 and the door was red, does anyone remember it?????,sorry they just keep coming back to me! :o