Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One For Those Of Us Of A Certain Age...

Cait

My Dad cleverly rigged up a strip light in the kitchen which came on automatically when the power went off, so we had no excuse for not doing our homework! sigh. we all used to just congregate in there in the evening and actually I remember it as a fun time, with board games etc when we'd done our homework. I'm sure for my parents it wasn't such fun, as Dad was on a three day week I think - for us t meant we got to spend more time with him as we were usually in bed by the time he got home

I feel very much an inbetweener having read both this and the other thread and wow remembering even more TV than I should like to admit too

school holidays watching re-runs of zoro, lone ranger. and champion the wonder horse

saphire and steal and the TV strikes was so annoying it went off in the middle of an episode of saphire and steal and I can remember keep turning the TV on to see if the next bit of saphire and steal was going to play dont remember how long it went on for but as a child it felt like weeks

Crackerjack!!!

loved CHiP's was watching TV with my daughter the other day and Erik Estrada was on and I was explaining that he was "the hot one out of chips" my daughters reply was "oh mum thats so embarassing!" I love embarassing her like that

this is where I get confussed ...... what about the waltons and little house on the prairie then theres bionic man/woman, man from atlanta, juliet bravo.... which thread? this thread or the other one?.....I do feel very much inbetween

I nearly put Waltons and Little House on the Prairie on the other thread but I concluded that I watched the re runs. I'm in between the threads also (I know exactly what you are all talking about in both threads - with a few exceptions), not due to age but due to watching re runs and recommendations by mother!

As I child I can remember singing "Verily my cross I'd bear" in Church, assuming it was some relative of Clarence the cross-eyed Lion!

lol

I can see that being the start of a whole new thread (if it hasnt been done already?)

misheard lyrics

like in away in a manger "the little lord Jesus lay down his sweet ted"

or in the lords prayer "lead us not into thames station"

• 3 weeks later...

and The adventures of Robin Hood.. Richard Greene....any one else remember the

? all together now...

Robin Hood, Robin Hood

Riding through the glen.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood

With his band of men.

Feared by the bad, loved by the good.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

Inge

Zebedee says thank you for that one - he sang along to ALL the words from memory! I especially like "Still had plenty of time to sing" hahahaha - can you imagine Arnie suddenly bursting into song!

and The adventures of Robin Hood.. Richard Greene....any one else remember the
? all together now...

Robin Hood, Robin Hood

Riding through the glen.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood

With his band of men.

Feared by the bad, loved by the good.

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

Inge

Oh absolutely! I have always loved all 'Robin Hood' series old and new - oh and films too!

Did say to Mr Sunnyday, when we were watching Robin Hood recently "doesn't this just make you want to go to the woods and play"?! :(

His answer - "no, not really"..........

Boring! :oxD:(

Zebedee says thank you for that one - he sang along to ALL the words from memory! I especially like "Still had plenty of time to sing" hahahaha - can you imagine Arnie suddenly bursting into song!

Has Arnie ever done a Robin Hood??

OMG!! I missed a Robin Hood!!......... Saw the foxes, Richard Greene and 'our Kevin' - !!!

Moving back to radio can anyone remember Sparky the magic piano? - I think Ed "Stewpot" Stewart use to play this sometimes on a saturday morning radio show for children and I so wanted a piano like that (still cannot read music even now - it looks like a load of tadpoles hung out to dry on a barbed wire fence!)