Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-schools Out For Summer!

Well today we finished for our summer break, got lots of lovely pressies and some nice thankyous.

Just as I start to relax and wonder what I shall do to fill my time, into my head pops the neverending 'to do list'

* SEF

* Registration doc

* Funding forms

* new labels

*Risk assesment

e.t.c., e.t.c. and so it goes on.

So what does everyone else have planned for their summer break (haha). :o

Well, I've got my register done for the year and loads of blank Key Person sheets for obs, next steps, plans, etc. I'd say about two-thirds of a ream of paper so far today!

Also made bread, done 3 washloads and unblocked the kitchen sink ...............

Hey! hold on some of us haven't broken up yet - don't start to depress me already xD i've still got three days of stay and play and an end of term party for 100 or so.......which the local school have scuppered somewhat by changing their sports day at the last minute :( not to mention staff training next friday ( or should i say cleaning and chucking day! :o )oh and 30 or so children to say goodbye to :(:( :wacko:

Next Thursday for us, children's party, completely empty shed for rebuild, farewell to 30 children, not enough hours in the day,but just a little time to come on hear for a while though,and reflect on the children's wonderful concert today, lots of tissues were required. :(:o:(xD

Our last day today, and also my baby's last day at pre-school. Lots of tears, saying goodbye to 29 children.

BUT already thinking about the jobs to be done. Wonder how long I can go before I do anything pre-school related? probably not very long. I'm determined to get most stuff done in the first 2 weeks. I made the mistake at easter of taking my time and doing a bit day, just want to get it over with this holiday so I can enjoy being with my big boy before he goes to big school! Think we might start with a trip to see Toy story 3D on Monday!

We finished yesterday and it was a fab day - lots of tears though! We had 15 leavers and nearly every mum was crying and all the staff were!! It's been really hard work (as we all know) but the messages, cards and pressies have been lovely and unexpected from certain parents!

One parent had arranged secretly for each leaver to draw a picture for each member of staff and had put them in a 'special book' appliqued with each staff name on the front. Some parents had put in photograghs and written their own message, the children had written their names. They are absolutely beautiful and must have taken so long to put together. But her 'speech' as she presented them to us was amazing - these parents do obviously think an awful lot about the job we do with their children - even the ones you think aren't really that bothered and drop off/pick up without a word (I'm sure you know the kind I mean :o ).

Anyway, emotions were high, though I think the children were a little bemused! xD

Now it's a few days of hard work while my kids still go to school and then a well deserved break.

Don't work too hard!

:(:(:( :wacko: xD