Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grant

Fredbear

Well done you! Wish I'd been a bit more optimistic about my group's future when the deadline was looming! :o

I'm sure your children will make the most of your new outdoor area!

Maz

That's fantastic, well done.

We got £2.5k and I have been busy spending it this week, we are now owners of new large shed, professional quality marquee (£500!!), outdoor noticeboard, we are still awaiting new bin enclosure and seat/planters but should all be in place by next September. Sadly my daughter leaves next week but at least all the future children will get the enjoyment out of these items.

I remember the application process took me endless hours and I did question at the time whether it was worth it but when you get the money if definitely is.

We got the sad news that the capital funding grant has been withdrawn in our area (not sure if its all over!) Wewere hoping to get some new tables and chairs for the setting - on the bright side we did get a good amount earlier in the year and have created a fab enclosed outdoor area. The guy I spoke to said letters hadbeen postedout today informing settings :o

2 years ago Dudley childminders were given a Capital Grant Funding form to complete. Once completed we had a visit from a Childcare Quality Support Officer to "audit" our requests, then we had to complete an application form, then we waited..............and waited....................and waited.................

Last June we were told that Dudley had reviewed the applications and decided to allocate resource packs to successful applicants. So we waited....................

3 weeks ago we received letters telling us what packs we'd been allocated..... Some childminders have 1 pack (ie Active ICT for children/Role play/literacy/numeracy/science etc) others have 4 or 5 packs. Some have none!!

Many (including me!!) have equipment due to arrive that is no longer relevant to the settings or the ages/stages of the children they care for or that, in the LONG wait, have already bought :o

It's non-negotiable, cannot be swapped or exchanged with other childminders and will be recorded on Dudley's Asset Register, which means that if it's lost, broken or damaged they have to be notified. We can be asked to provide evidence that we still have the equipment at any time in the future :( Yep, more paperwork xD

The letter announcing the CGF allocations said we'd be contacted direct by the suppliers by the end of June. It's now July and still we wait.......

Wonder if the rumours that the funding has been withdrawn and unspent funds returned is true :(

Nona

Wonder if the rumours that the funding has been withdrawn and unspent funds returned is true unsure.gif

I can't speak for your area but I know that our LA was contacting people last Wednesday to say that unless they could get their Capital Grant portfolios for outdoor developments in by Friday the funding was gone. The project manager told me there were three settings (me included) that she thought would get approval but about a dozen who had lost out. They had been told Wednesday morning that the money had gone unless approved by the end of the week. For once I felt a bit sorry for her. But then again she has rung me today and left a message so when I catch up with her toorrow I might not feel so charitable!

Thank you to everybody for your congratulations, going out tonight to celebrate with my band of helpers that have made this happen, now the work begins, including emptying everything ready for the builders. To those of you that have thought about it but haven't got round to it check with your local authority to see if there is still money available.

Wishing you all good luck if you decide to try. xD:o

Bluestar, heard just today that Capital Finding had been withdrawn in our area as well. All unspent monies have been called back by Central Government. Haven't been told officially yet and we already have had our money. Well we have had half of it and the e other half to come when we have the work completed, so am assuming it is just new projects that hadn't been passed have been affected.

we too have got our grant and work starts over the summer to give us a larger outside space. I have also heard that the plug has been pulled on future grants.

sue

We got ours too! I'm so glad as I now lots of other settings who hadn't got as far along have had the funding pulled, but I'd sweated blood over it and it was knocked back initially over very minor things, so really pleased I got it fixed up in time. And in time to let the parents know before the end of term - I think they've been more disappointed than the children tbh!

The plug has been pulled in Birmingham as well. I am not sure how they allocated it in other areas but it could have been done more across the board and it involved so much paperwork and time putting it together.

However I don't blame the new government but our local council who spent money like it grew on trees and now are millions in debt.