Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grant Triumph

Pimms o'clock?

Well I'm back again with my good news...

...after lots of conversations "cutting back this bit" and "find something else to replace that with" I have had confirmation and have signed the agreement for a very large sum. This is to extend our baby room, put in some doors to give us direct access to outdoors, some safety surfacing, UVA canopy and for the demolition of the old sheds which stop us having outdoor access and a few other bits and pieces.

So to say I am a tad chuffed is putting it mildly, now lets get that planning permission sorted... I hope that we can get it all done before winter weather sets in.

Thanks for all the encouraging words on here. When I think of the number of times I thought "what's the point" I can't jump through anymore of our LA's hoops; it has been so worth the six months of blood, sweat and tears - oh yes there were lots of tears over this I can assure you - I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

So if any one else is looking at the Sure Start Capital Grant application forms and thinking "I can't do all that!" Oh yes you can - go for it. There should still be money available until March 2011.

BMG xD:(:o:(

Oh please Cait, no more pressure! I am only just learning how to think again without that dreaded form coming into my head!!!!

But seriously just keep pestering your LA for support with any application. Its funny really, each and everyone of my LA's advisors told me to apply for different things, so the list kept growing and growing to a ridiculous amount; needless to say that when those authorising it said "oh no you can't have this or that or the other" I ended up getting more or less what I wanted in the first place!!!

I'll try to take some photo's as things change and put them on here so you can all share the highs and lows we will encounter when we become a building site. That said I can't wait for some real money to appear in the bank account so that we can get started.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

BMG

So if any one else is looking at the Sure Start Capital Grant application forms and thinking "I can't do all that!" Oh yes you can - go for it. There should still be money available until March 2011.

I'm pretty sure it has all been allcoated in our area. xD

Well done you, BMG! Just goes to show that some pieces of paperwork are worth persevering with! :o

Maz

Thank you all for your kind words.

It will be wonderful to have more dedicated space for our younger children and my girls have been cramped for too long, don't get me wrong we meet the Ofsted requirements for space but having more room will be a dream come true. All ages will end up having direct access to outdoors too.

BMG :o