Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

15 Hours In Full Day Care (pvi)

hello all,

I'm looking at how to "invoice" for the 15 hours and how to meet the critera but not suddenly lose revenue. (as is everybody I expect!).

under the current practice the parents are billed their monthly sessions and the grant entitlement is deducted from their bill. However, it is my understanding that this is no longer acceptable.

I would really appreciate hearing from other managers providers as to how they are going to manage the invoicing and fees!

thanks

Z

I think your first port of call should be your Local Authority to see what they advise, zlw.

You're quite right in saying that it is no longer acceptable to show the free entitlement as a deduction on your invoice (I think this is in the existing code of practice for offering the free entitlement). However I know from what members on here say that this practice is widespread, and so I imagine some Local Authorities are not too worried about this. Ours certainly has been for the last couple of years or so.

My invoices currently just show my fees for the additional half hour per day, and when we move to the 15 hour entitlement it will just show any lunch clubs taken.

However, a thought has just occurred to me. Currently if a parent claims less than their full entitlement, but subsequently decide after headcount day to take additional sessions, we charge them at the full published fees. I imagine this will continue after September (always supposing there are no other additional shocks to come from our LA), but this will mean that parents will be paying more for these extra sessions than the funding would be - a bit galling for parents, I would think.

I wonder what the code of practice says about parents claiming for sessions they don't intend to actually use?

Maz

I wonder what the code of practice says about parents claiming for sessions they don't intend to actually use?

Maz

Well up until now in Kent, if that were to happen and it was proven when Kent audited our records, the money would need to be repaid. Originally, Kent wanted us to have sick notes and holiday notes from parents when children were not attending, but backed down on this after a while!

Well up until now in Kent, if that were to happen and it was proven when Kent audited our records, the money would need to be repaid. Originally, Kent wanted us to have sick notes and holiday notes from parents when children were not attending, but backed down on this after a while!

Haha - my good friend is only telling half a tale - they backed down after a HUGE meeting - it was great - we got to see the whites of their eyes! xD

We won the battle that evening - but we sure did not win the war :o

However, a thought has just occurred to me. Currently if a parent claims less than their full entitlement, but subsequently decide after headcount day to take additional sessions, we charge them at the full published fees. I imagine this will continue after September (always supposing there are no other additional shocks to come from our LA), but this will mean that parents will be paying more for these extra sessions than the funding would be - a bit galling for parents, I would think.

Maz

In our county, if a child ups there days after head count day or new children start, we have an additional form to fill in and send back CC - we are then given that money the next term, so no charge to parents.

Isn't it interesting how one Local Authority's approach varies to another? BrendaS your system seems much fairer to me - often children aren't ready at the beginning of term to do five sessions, but after a few weeks they may well need more.

Maz

In our county, if a child ups their days after head count day or new children start, we have an additional form to fill in and send back CC - we are then given that money the next term, so no charge to parents.

We're the same, and if children reduce their hours or leave, we put that on the form too

Same here and it does seem to be much fairer in my opinion. However it is something which they are saying might go with the SFF as schools don's have this system and PVIs would seem to have an unfair advantage then. I don't really understand why the system can't be applied to all providers, except it would be more work for someone!