Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pens!

I have just been reading a hysterical thread on the TES forum about pens. Mostly posted by secondary school teachers who are very bitter about teenagers nicking all the pens they lend them. They had a number of very amusing ways of making sure the pens were returned such as making them swap a pen for a shoe or a mobile that they only got back if the pen was returned.

Might have to borrow some of those ideas for my staff who seem to eat pens, even though not one of them will ever admit to having even touched one of the pens!! Except my deputy who does say that she frequently drops them down the toilet as they are in her back pocket all time!

Hehe. I buy a pot of 100 rather rubbishy ones at the start of the school year and have them on the desk for anyone. They don't generally go very far!

I also have some pens with the Preschool name on from a well known pen printing company. If they go wandering they advertise the Preschool, so I'm not bothered about that.

Is anyone OCD about the colour of their pen though? I find I only like to write in black ink

Have to confess - I am a pen collector!!........have to be black ink though. It's got to the point were it has become a joke in in our cirlce of friends.

I buy pots of the cheap ones for staff- but sometimes other pens just 'jump' into my hand. :oxD:(

xxx

Is anyone OCD about the colour of their pen though? I find I only like to write in black ink

:( Oh yes! Especially for the register - I always 'mark in' so no problem there - others 'mark out' this is how my face looks when they use blue pen :( , green :o , red xD !!!

Where do all the pens go - I think perhaps I have 'Borrowers' in my setting! :(

I like to write in broad felt tips, im dyspraxic and i find it really hard to hold pens and skinny pencils!I also have a crazy grip which I have to hide when modeling writing for the children and its really really uncomfy doing the proper way and I always end up sticking my tounge out in concentration lol

You should put those beepers on that you can get for your keys where your whistle and an alarm goes off x

I LOVE pens - am always the saddo in the pen isle in the supermarket looking at the different pens I could try out! I also treat myself to a new pen when updating learning diaries and buy lots of different ones to make me write more observations - how very sad am I?!?

I LOVE pens - am always the saddo in the pen isle in the supermarket looking at the different pens I could try out! I also treat myself to a new pen when updating learning diaries and buy lots of different ones to make me write more observations - how very sad am I?!?

Speaking as someone who enjoys nothing more than spending time in Staples - ahhhh paper, notebooks, pens, gadgets of every shape and size.....bliss xD so no I don't think you are at all sad!!! :o

Speaking as someone who enjoys nothing more than spending time in Staples - ahhhh paper, notebooks, pens, gadgets of every shape and size.....bliss xD so no I don't think you are at all sad!!! :o

Have a very similar confession Sunnyday - I have had a fascination for all things stationery since I was a very young child, I used to save my pocket money and go into town on a Saturday to the stationers to buy single felt tipped pens etc. and covet the drawing pads and fountain pens etc. Can't go near WH Smith these days without buying something. My children's learning journeys are in all types of colourful pens (don't suppose parents will be able to read them in years to come!), should really stick to black for those I suppose.

I spend a fortune on thank you cards and writing paper from Phoenix - just can't resist!

All I can say is thank goodness I'm not alone in my stationary addiction xD - I have been mocked for years but I to could spend hours in stationary shops buying bits and bobos that I somehow convince myself I can't possibly do without :o

whew! well whilst we're all coming out of the closet .....................

I'm a stationery addict

I'ts good to know we are not alone.....

I also have the added problem - I like to keep them all 'nice' My daughter says I have so much I could open my own stationery shop! :oxD:( Some times I buy for gifts but keep it. xx

I am also a stationeryaholic!!

My awful admission is that I have passed this on to my poor children.

But I pay for it by the fact that every birthday, christmas and mothers day all three of them give me a new notebook. I am running out of things to use them for so thank goodness for a job that gives me a hundred new ideas!

Guest MaryEMac

Suppose I'd better come out of the closet as well then. I have special pens at home just for me, I get really cross if anyone at playgroup "borrows my pens". My daughter won't let me get anywhere near Staples cos I would have to buy a pen. As a child I always spent my pocket money on pens and notebooks and when felt tip pens came on the market, I was in heaven. That sounds really sad now I have written it down. Oh well.

Mary

:( I LOVE "nice" pens and paper!! Fortunately hubby works for a company that supplies promotional gifts so I get lots of pen samples (even if they do have company names and/or logos on) :( The latest is an anti-bacterial pen to stop bugs spreading! I think it's aimed at hospitals, health centres and the like but seems perfect for those working with young children to me! :(

I often find fab stationery sets in the charity shops locally, obviously unwanted gifts that have been cast aside xD and I'm known by the parents of my childminded children for always having an emergency stock of thank you cards etc

I've passed my pen & paper habit to my daughter, too :o

Nona

Its worse than just pens :o

I have pencil case with contents for different situations - there's one for work - it is a sackable offence to go in MY pencil case :(

Another pencil case for uni - lots of different colours there and fine liners must have tops aligned to text on pen - all my OCD habits coming out now

and then there is another pencil case purely for training courses and meetings

Various notebooks keep notes for different things too

Don't always have to be expensive either lots of bizarre stuff can be found in the pound shops and wilkinson's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 xD

Its worse than just pens xD

I have pencil case with contents for different situations - there's one for work - it is a sackable offence to go in MY pencil case :(

Another pencil case for uni - lots of different colours there and fine liners must have tops aligned to text on pen - all my OCD habits coming out now

and then there is another pencil case purely for training courses and meetings

Various notebooks keep notes for different things too

Don't always have to be expensive either lots of bizarre stuff can be found in the pound shops and wilkinson's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :(

Why, Sue, this is just plain common sense! :o

We have pen amnesties quite often at work. These are opportunities for staff to return the pens that lurk in their work bags etc.

At the last amnesty I returned 16 pens!! Gulp! Didn't know they were at the bottom of my bag.....honest gov!! :o

I too love pens- have a lovely fine nib set of coloured pens and they also have to stay in colour order.... was always like that as a child and tins of pencils.... no time now to browse stationary shops mybe when the boys are a bit bigger.

i am famous at work for my stationary habit.

different pencil cases for each thing is a must, work, meetings, uni, college (english gcse!) home. big box at home for spares! that my boys are allowed to use. although they still somehow end up with the others! then when i cannot find what i am looking for there is hell to pay!

notebooks, postits, the list goes on and on

always taking extras into work as my stationary unit at home is over flowing, hubby volournteers at a charity shop so often buys bits for me.

i had to spend 2 hours in staples recently waiting for some photcopying, cost me a fortune.

work did a bad thing once, and i still have it but have to be careful! they got me a store card! not for personal stuff but it is amazing what work needs!!!!

we can never find a pen at work, and it is normally me, i pick them up and put them down whereever i dont know. some staff have certain pens they wont lend me!

i have a fav pen in my handbag for a while until i find a new one! i take my own pen to the pub quiz casue it writes nicer!

i am afraid i can go on and on

i love stationary.

although i have a complete phobia of pen lids from biros, rubber bands and paper clips - go figure

Ahh now Sunnyday, this little passion has crept in over the last couple of years. I have a lovely set of boxes from Lakeland which I bought once Christmas, I use these at nursery to introduce artefacts to unwrap to do with the nativity, I have others linked to other topics we might do as well.

I have keepsake ones for the boys, and one for my son's wedding - the list goes on I'm afraid. Even had to think twice about throwing out a rather lovely biscuit tin the other day - but throw it I did in the end - just can't keep everything :o

ooh yes! Boxes - everyone I know saves me nice looking boxes I love them! Also baskets - any type am not allowed in pound shops or wilkinson type shops alone as I will spend on fortune on storage baskets for classroom or at home! Tesco extra is a nightmare there is one down the road and I cant leave without wicker baskets - I have millions of them still trying to find reasons to use them both at home and school! and .... POST ITS i have millions - all different shapes and sizes/colours if I see them on special offer I just have to have them - they have even hidden the drawer of post its from me at work as i cant walk by without taking some to my room with me!

I found some fab postits at Christmas with snowman on or Father Christmas they were great for using in the learning journeys, I had some with red nose day on from Rymans and I have some from Paperchase with birds on for when we did our topic on birdwatching and feeding this last term. Found some others with fairy cakes, on etc. and one mum gave me some that are car shaped for using in the learning journeys - I was so happy - so sad!

post its mmmmmmmmmmm i am the same, found some house shaped ones once at a fete a housiing association were giving them away, got far too many.

just been given a moleskine city notebook of new york great travel companion! hubby bought it home, ok not going but will come in handy one day........

bowex, bags anything storgage staff hate it when i say i am tidying the extension or shed at work, that is def one of my ocds organising them, often so they cannot find anything or dont know where anything goes! i say it keeps them on thier toes heheh

right off to a cp meeting so digging out new notebook finidng the right pen, bag to carry it in ................

right off to a cp meeting so digging out new notebook finidng the right pen, bag to carry it in ................

See now here we go again - I love handbags always looking, choosing, buying, changing! Had a real sequin fetish with Accessorize for a while

SHOES and BOOTS - def my thing too - I love them all have literally hundreds of pairs of shoes and boots!

my goodness finding this thread very theraputic!! x

Edited by Guest